Grace Coddington

Woebot

this woman is a genius!

did anyone see the september issue?

i wonder how easy it is to find stills of hers online?

Woebot

here's a good un

lady-gaga-hansel-gretel-vogue-us-december-2009-large.jpg

i dont get it. what am i supposed to be admiring?

absolutley fair call.
wrt to the final still, i believe it's called 'art' (no send) - juxtaposition, tilt, 'grand' (w/ no sheet). a clock! clock = art, surely! humour?
vacuous 'talent' + portrait does it for me tbh...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
It's fashion photography, really well shot. Annie Liebowitz better watch out. She's already bankrupt and she might be out of a job soon by the looks of it.

Woebot

@matmustard

hmm. i think you might need to examine your prejudices! she's actually a very radically talented stylist in a field where her flair is definitely not the norm. it's no more preposterous than making artistic claims for modern uk garage - actually considerably less so....

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
The imagery (particularly the last one) reminds me an awful lot of a film called Alice ou la Derniere Fugue - hardly surprising I guess 'cause they're both based on Alice In Wonderland (or through the looking glass) but they've both interpreted it in the same way.

you misinterpret me mr. bot, i attempted appreciation of that particular shot. "no send" sought to make that apparent.
given the facts, i ignore your assertion of prejudice.
"artistic claims for modern uk garage" tho, simply perplexes..

luka

looks like lazy generic pap to me. still each to thir own.... i know craner spends hours poring over fashion mags so who am i to jusdge.