mephedrone

grizzleb

How do you know that the chemical structure affects the brain in such a way? Are you studying that sort of thing or something?

BareBones

wheezy
Few years back The Liverpool Echo had a headline "TWO ECSTACY PILLS FOR A FIVER" demonstrating how cheap E had become and therefore a danger to kids, more ODs, etc. For two seconds tho, I was like "Are they doing a voucher deal or something, like when you get a soup with your pasty at Sayers?"

megalolz

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
There was a head shop burned down and another attempted arson the other week. Its more then likely linked to criminal elements then concerned mammys...

They've been getting alot of free publicity in the media here the last few weeks, so now their making moves to ban it, along with spice and all that other craic.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Would clubbers be consuming a metric shitload of this stuff every weekend if that's all it did?

Quite.

People consume metric shitloads of ephedrine!

To me it looks like one of those shitty designer drugs that's nowhere near as good as most street drugs, just easier to get in some places, and cheap to manufacture.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You can think what you like - mephedrone is very effective. Bear in mind that dexedrine and meth were novel, legal, designer drugs too, once. You've admitted you're talking from a position of ignorance wrt to the subjective effects...

nomadthethird

You can think what you like - mephedrone is very effective. Bear in mind that dexedrine and meth were novel, legal, designer drugs too, once. You've admitted you're talking from a position of ignorance wrt to the subjective effects...

If it's anywhere near as good as meth, I could sure use some right now...

I have two exams tomorrow :eek:

luka

if drugs dont work very well for me anymore is it cos im not getting good drugs or cos i burnt out some vital bits of brain matter?

nomadthethird

if drugs dont work very well for me anymore is it cos im not getting good drugs or cos i burnt out some vital bits of brain matter?

Almost no drugs work for me anymore, except my prescriptions. You have to take a long break, then go back.

Took me like a year of no coke for it to work again. Conflicts weirdly with my seizure meds though I think meth would too, tbh.

luka

even if you take a long break, it might be alright the first time, not amazing but fairly fun, the second time even but then its boring again. not just boring but desolate.

nomadthethird

D.A.R.E. to say no

even if you take a long break, it might be alright the first time, not amazing but fairly fun, the second time even but then its boring again. not just boring but desolate.

Yeah, exactly...now when I do anything I mostly spend the whole time wondering how in the hell it used to be the only possible way I could make myself exist comfortably. Even if I feel them.

When medications adjust your brain to resemble a normal person's (or as close to it as possible), it's really strange how not amazing drugs are. It used to be either drugs or intense misery, so there was no real choice in the matter. Drug intoxication was the only bearable feeling I'd ever experienced, because I'd never experienced life from the perspective of someone without neurochemical imbalances.

In my current state I can take or leave 'em, which is how I suppose normal people always feel--they end up being more of a hassle than anything. (I still like acid, but it gives me two-three week periods of low energy and depression afterward, everytime I take it. My doctors ask me "why do you think you like altering reality so much?" and I just stare blankly at them like that's a rhetorical question.)

There was a head shop burned down and another attempted arson the other week. Its more then likely linked to criminal elements then concerned mammys....

Though in Northern Ireland there is proper vigilantism against head shops, an owner was shot in the legs by the Real IRA recently- other dealers have been threatened. Bit cheeky given that they probably sold E's themselves though maybe that's been put on the back burner now they're taking the arming struggle thing seriously.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's mental. Why the fuck do they care?

Daily Mail-inspired won'tsomebodypleasethinkofthechildren-ism?

Or it's just dealers masquerading as 'vigilantes'? Actually they'd probably want people to know it was done by dealers, wouldn't they. There've been addicts gunned down outside rehab clinics in Mexico; wouldn't be surprised if legal high vendors were targeted for similar reasons.

Well the interesting thing is that they specifically mentioned mephedrone as the reason why the man was shot- it's an indication of how mainstream it is now. Other businesses protested against the attack. In any case northern irish paramilitaries have always acted as community policemen, kneecapping people for various crimes like antisocial behaviour, housebreaking, and ridiculously, sniffing glue. I never really understood the last one, but the dealers themselves have always been targets. Despite the fact that all the paramilitaries have drug dealers in the ranks, and bizzarely the punishment gangs are often made up of people who were punished themeselves when they were younger.

But yeah it seems like a lot of fuss over something that is legal

nomadthethird

There've been addicts gunned down outside rehab clinics in Mexico

When I read about that I was like "pff, yeah addicts who robbed dealers then went off to hide in rehab when they got found out"

But that was just the relentless cynicism talking I guess.