house and techno are bad

franz

didn't know where else to put this so here it is:

appreciation for Walt and Dave. This track had me thinking of the haunting hardcore thread... of course its later an' so on... but. Good things.
And since i'm still digging, here's a nice deep house bit from Walt, a bit later:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It would be interesting to discuss how people feel about house at the moment in the UK, since its become such a big thing on both the ''nuum''-y side (jackin', stuff mark radford plays) and ''deep'' side of things. It's omnipresent, really?

I don't really know what's going on with club music in the UK though, since I rarely go out now and when I do I'm usually slightly disappointed. I know that students love Swamp 81 and Joy Orbison et al. Presumably dubstep (i.e. wobble) is pretty huge but I can imagine its a bit like DNB in that its big rave music rather than club music if there IS a difference.

You'd have thought that there will be a swing back away from house in the near future since that's how things tend to work - but OTOH is everything so splintered now that nothing in particular will emerge to 'take over'?

trilliam

in re to topic title this is definitely the majority consensus on this board, for what reason i dnt kno, i think it might be some misguided attempt to separate UK from US sounds, usually these opinions will cite "rudeness". go figure.

continuum

smugpolice
From my own personal experience - The first music I really connected with was early 90s hardcore and then Jungle after that. when my friends got into House music I just thought it sounded really tame and boring in comparison so largely ignored it.

As I got older a really good House night bloomed where I lived in Milton Keynes and despite my protestations we would end up going there regularly. I did eventually get 'it' after getting into ecstasy but despite seeing loads of the best House DJs at the time always felt more strongly about UK Garage and so on after.

When I and others brought up House music to Grime MCs and heads back in the RWD forum days we were quickly dismissed without any real explanation ("we're not doing that detroit shit" is one comment I remember). The other excuse that springs to mind was that is was music for homosexuals.

Times have changed, people have grown older and more mature and a lot of people imo just don't want to rebel any more. House has always been the more acceptable face of electronic dance music and with us now clearly in the post rock era it's not rocket science to work out why it's becoming omnipresent.

rubberdingyrapids

i realised that for years, i had a reverse snobbery towards house and techno, despite liking lots of tracks in those genres. which is a bit silly.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Supposedly there are 57 people viewing the music forum ATM

COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS

My pet theory is that Luka scared people away. Including himself.

droid

Most of those are bots.

There's about a dozen regular posters, a couple dozen more who pop in once a week and maybe a couple of hundred old hands who pass by once a year.

Still better than facebook.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Best Classic House Music 1990 - 1995 - History of House Music 3 by DJ Chill X

Mixed by the legendary DJ Chill X, Part 3 of History of House Music explores house music from around the 1990's to 1995. When it expanded to NY, NJ with the legendary Zanzibar with Tony Humphrey's onto the the UK. You hear the early Gospel House Music, more advanced Acid House, Tribal House. PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!

cwmbran-city

to quote Glenn Underground, "House music will never die"

after a minor 3yrs hiatus from this music, caused by a car wreck rehabilitation gone proper wonky, its been good to get back in the crates, digging for music that still fits like a classic, well tailoured suit.....these 2 mixes have a broad spectrum of releases & styles & the mixing isnt too shabby either

if yer in Europe, free party pioneers DiY's 30th birthday bash will be in under 2 years, definitely one to book the mon/tues/weds off for

firefinga

Most of those are bots.

There's about a dozen regular posters, a couple dozen more who pop in once a week and maybe a couple of hundred old hands who pass by once a year.

Still better than facebook.

Last sentence is spot on :)