house and techno are bad

zhao

there are no accidents
these days the staggering amount of vapid bullshit in house, techno and electro has so little value in it that i just might start listening to INDIE ROCK.

because as derivative and equally devoid of creativity as that scene is, at least they are TRYING to pretend to possess a semblance of vitality.

zhao

there are no accidents
spent quite some time going through a ton of 12 inches recently, and nada, nothing, zilch. NOT A SINGLE THING worth a fucking damn.

zhao

there are no accidents
wow!!!!
to think i was worried that i was trolling!!!

don't give a shit how you perceive what i say. because i am only calling a spade a spade. this is what i think, if it disagrees with some people's sensibilities and experience, tough mother fucking cookies.

zhao

there are no accidents
and all this lame ass shit coming out of South Africa too. horrid trance pads and progressive chords. copying the shittiest of club trends in the "west". face palm indeed.

bob effect

somnambulist
facepalm.jpg

IanTheM

Tame Horse
no.

historically many many styles have been exempt from the 5% (or 0.001%) rule of mostly being rubbish: Indonesian Court Gamelan, Hindustani Classical, Congolese Rumba, etc, etc, etc.; and have all had very high qualitative standards. whatever the reason may be, whether state sanctioned hierarchies of the music establishment or simple honesty and rigor in the creative communities, you would be hard pressed to find much of any poorly put together shit which is a waste of time for everyone involved. (they may have their own problems, for instance the Indian Classical mafia which basically prohibits anyone not in their gang to perform or record - but if we are just talking quality, the vast majority of recordings and artists are top fucking notch.)

and even in today's world, different scenes have drastically different quality to shit ratios.

so no, i certainly was not describing "all music ever made".

Your opinions are pretty terrible. I don't understand how a staple of all dance music like a 4x4 kick can anger someone this much. Sure there's lots of dry stuff coming out when it comes to deep house or minimal techno, but there's no reason they can't be recontextualized by good producers to make good music. You're painting with too broad strokes. Bad and average music will always be there for you to get angry at, trust me I probably contribute to that category a lot.

zhao

there are no accidents
Your opinions are pretty terrible. I don't understand how a staple of all dance music like a 4x4 kick can anger someone this much. Sure there's lots of dry stuff coming out when it comes to deep house or minimal techno, but there's no reason they can't be recontextualized by good producers to make good music. You're painting with too broad strokes. Bad and average music will always be there for you to get angry at, trust me I probably contribute to that category a lot.

your reading apprehension skills are pretty terrible. i clearly said "house and techno", not "all dance music with a 4x4 kick" is in dire shape.

zhao

there are no accidents
i have listened to, played out, and loved house and techno for 15 years. which is why when i hear all this inane bullshit it kinda pisses me off.

there are a handful of producers that have always made amazing shit, and some of them still are. most of the other 99.99 percent is utter garbage.

mms

sometimes
i have listened to, played out, and loved house and techno for 15 years. which is why when i hear all this inane bullshit it kinda pisses me off.

there are a handful of producers that have always made amazing shit, and some of them still are. most of the other 99.99 percent is utter garbage.

i remember saying this at sunrise back in 88 or whatever.
:)

zhao

there are no accidents
i guess the majority of people consuming all that shit are young and don't know better.

the vast majority barely containing a fucking milligram of creativity.

super ironic as this is a culture which talks constantly about "future" and "forward" and "new" and "innovative".

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah the future isn't what it used to be, is it?

became the status quo a long time ago. a conformist, repressive, dogmatic status quo.

and a lot of it is retro-camp-sentimentality isn't it? how many thousands of records came out last month proclaiming to have "classic detroit sound"???

alex

Do not read this.
super ironic as this is a culture which talks constantly about "future" and "forward" and "new" and "innovative".

Yes Zhao, I agree, but we also sport haircuts like the below, which is enough to make me lose hope, dunno about you

la-roux-new-1.jpg

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I wonder if any musical genre in history has been as homogeneously dull as self-important people complaining on the internet?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
i fucking despise 99.99% of all house and techno and electro coming from America and Europe (and 85% of South Africa).

STUPID MUSIC FOR MINDLESS SHEEPLE.

you know what the non dance music person says - "all sound same"? well they're fucking right. and always have been.

regurgitated, swallowed again, digested and shat out so many times it has negative nutrition value, and sucks life energy from you when you listen.

the barrage of this lifeless gray slush coming through the pipes each and every day makes me nauseus just thinking about it.

a bunch of fucking retarded slaves. the tools that make and listen to this putrid fucking garbage.

That's just your opinion :)