Hoon /Hewit/Byers out of Labour...?

vimothy

yurp
Both the Guardian and Richard Murphy are saying the budget will be Keynesian and growth orientated. FT says it's about hitting the banks. The Times says its about green stuff.

hucks

Your Message Here
Can they all be right? I heard he was cutting stamp duty for first time buyers. As a potential first time buyer (ie I rent now), I wish he wouldn't do that. All that will happen is prices will go up.

crackerjack

Labour 2 behind, 4 ahead in
marginals. Sky reduced to showing wurzels protesting cider duty rise.

Did something happen on Monday? Shhh

DannyL

Wild Horses
I wondered if they'd deceided to leak the details the Israel story to distract attention from that actually. Call me cynical. "A good day to bury bad news".

don_quixote

Trent End
"good day to bury bad news" was the most awesome moment of british politics in the last 20 years. that and the prescott punch.

hucks

Your Message Here
Can't be arsed to start a new thread

Anyone watch the Ask the Chancellors thing? Go Vince! But I hate hate hate Osbourne, and he didn't actually come across as that much of a cunt. Obviously been told to turn down the cuntishness. Wise.

grizzleb

Anyone watch the Ask the Chancellors thing? Go Vince! But I hate hate hate Osbourne, and he didn't actually come across as that much of a cunt. Obviously been told to turn down the cuntishness. Wise.
Vince Cable rocking it as usual. Makes you wonder why the Lib Dems are perceived to be so shite. Osbourne I though sounded like a bit of a bellend tbh. Just a side note but when he was talking about 'fairness' he was waffling some heavy shite, and he knew it. Had to wing it cause he doesn't have a clue about unfairness in society, whereas for Labour and the Lib Dems that would have been bread and butter for them in their student days.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Vince Cable rocking it as usual. Makes you wonder why the Lib Dems are perceived to be so shite. Osbourne I though sounded like a bit of a bellend tbh. Just a side note but when he was talking about 'fairness' he was waffling some heavy shite, and he knew it. Had to wing it cause he doesn't have a clue about unfairness in society, whereas for Labour and the Lib Dems that would have been bread and butter for them in their student days.

I was surprised at how heavyweight Darling came across as, I thought he did really well, as did Cable but no surprise there, Osbourne came across as some prick still stuck in 80s rhetoric, foul stupid man. I like the way Darling and Cable were talking to each other and pretty much just ignoring him.

grizzleb

I was surprised at how heavyweight Darling came across as, I thought he did really well, as did Cable but no surprise there, Osbourne came across as some prick still stuck in 80s rhetoric, foul stupid man. I like the way Darling and Cable were talking to each other and pretty much just ignoring him.
Yeah I agree with that, Darling was laughing at him quite a bit. I think that the tension between 'old' and 'new' tory (or rather, the lack of real 'new' tory) that Cameron seemed to have removed is going to rear its head again, much to their detriment. 6 months ago I'd have said in a heartbeat that the tories will be the next government, but I don't know anymore. Stuck in 80's rhetoric, and by trying to pretend they know about and care about the problems of 'the people' they are opening themselves up for attack, as it's clearly so disingenuous.

crackerjack

Michael Crick on Newsnight said Osbourne was the winner, in a way, even though he lost the poll. Expectations for the man are now so low they 're happy if he doesn't do a Pirnce Philip and start insulting the 'servants'. He's basically the Tory Palin, minus the sex appeal and grassroots popularity