Visiting Ireland- Recommendations?

D

droid

If it wasnt clear that I was joking - nice list Scott. The 'Italian quarter' designation is a bit of a pet hate for me, but TBH, you probably know more about Dublin pubs than me as ive spent half my life avoiding them.

Chester Beatty/Dublin Castle is a good bet as its very central. Id also add the Iveagh gardens - a lovely little park tucked away near Harcourt street.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Can I just say thanks again, BUT...

I am driving. a car. throughout this holiday.

(there's not been an emoticon invented for lost opportunities/ too little time yet, has there?)

Droid- have you attempted a text to me yet? if so, It's a fail, so I'll PM you my number. We don't get in until late afternoon and are not expecting you to 'show us the town'. I am a lightweight.

Well looking forward to this trip.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
When sorting out routes to hotels from ferry terminals, I would not recommend using google maps:

dublin.JPG

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
We had an ace time. Weather was awesome and country was beautiful. Despite being in touristy bits, it was amazing how quickly you could avoid the masses (who obviously don't like walking).

Wicked to meet up with Droid, although I wasn't expecting an examination in riddim knowledge. It was shameful. The wife is still disappointed in me :eek:

Killarney and the countryside west of Galway in particular were spectacular, like the Scottish highlands in miniture.

Sitting on our hotel balcony at dusk, whilst watching red deer coming to feed at the edge of a lake is a memory that will sray with me for a while yet.

Thanks for all the hints and tips.

Will probably be back next year.

Some photos:

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0314%5B1%5D.jpg

IMG_0277%5B1%5D.jpg

IMG_0410%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
D

droid

Nobody expects the riddim inquisition! :D

Great to hook up again Matt. Love to the missus. Looks like you had a great trip, and you were unbelievably lucky with the weather!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Nobody expects the riddim inquisition! :D

Great to hook up again Matt. Love to the missus. Looks like you had a great trip, and you were unbelievably lucky with the weather!

Yeah it was wicked. Can't believe we came back from Ireland with a tan!
Hope your family are better and will have to meet up again some time.

Oh and can I just say how good the Ruff Revival 12"s are... awesome stuff.

Last edited: