street fighter 2

petergunn

plywood violin
this game is such a part of my youth... it seemed like every pizza place, movie theatre, convience store, and bowling alley in boston had this game in it... you always had to stack your quarters on to of the machine.....

zhao

there are no accidents
i like the jungle scene in the beginning music better than following top-gun scene music.

and a lot of the moves, especially those of ken and the other main guy, are accurately designed according to jeet kun do, making this arguably the best arcade games of its era.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
and a lot of the moves, especially those of ken and the other main guy, are accurately designed according to jeet kun do, making this arguably the best arcade games of its era.

The ones involving teleportation and fireballs, less so (presumably). ;)

But yeah, great game, one of a very few fighty games I was ever into. (Barbarian on the ST being the other - mainly for the decapitation move.) Can't recall off the top of my head how the music went but I'm sure I'd recognise it in a second if I were to hear it again.

benjybars

village elder.
my Chung Li can rip Ken's spine out of his mouth in seconds flat.

zhao the fact you don't know Ryu's name and and can't spell Chun Li properly suggests you're Street Fighter game is a bit weak tbh :p

it's truly fucking amazing how much the backdrops for each fighter in SF2 are etched in my memory. i'm not a big games head at all but i fucking CANED street fighter. was addicted to it.

just catching a glimpse of Blanka's Brazilian jungle backdrop is enough to bring a tear to the eye.. bare nostalgia!

great thread luka

BareBones

wheezy
yeah only someone wanting to get beat would play as chun li against me. and ripping spines out? you're getting SF confused with mortal kombat!

it's a shame the score allegiant's upped doesn't have contain the sound effects of me getting perfects against everyone :cool:

nomos

Administrator
I worked in a bowling alley when this was out. Each night I'd go home reeking of grease, smoke and beer with that "oo oo shit" sound echoing in my head over a mix of arcade ditties and country tunes from the jukebox. Formative stuff.

alex

Do not read this.
vega or yokozuna (e.honda for those who bought the shitty UK version) were the best. Ryu & Ken are weak.

Chun Li's kick's were danger man, pure danger.

D

droid

I'm happy to take on all comers with my indomitable Guile. Not on SF2 original as he's unbeatable in it. SF2 turbo. I keep a SNES in the attic if anyone wants to come over and test.

Pestario

tell your friends
I'm happy to take on all comers with my indomitable Guile. Not on SF2 original as he's unbeatable in it. SF2 turbo. I keep a SNES in the attic if anyone wants to come over and test.

I bet you just crouch in the corner spamming sonic booms and flash kick the instant the other character gets anywhere near you - CHEAP! :p

BareBones

wheezy
i recently got SF4 on the xbox - it's actually really good, but Guile in it is hilarious. He seems more retarded than ever. I wish i could find a clip of it on youtube, but at the beginning of a fight he bobs up and down looking completely dense and says "MISSION START" in this really gormless voice. it's excellent.