don_quixote

Trent End
"When you sit in the dressing room after a game like that and all you're talking about is the referee, then that's very bad," said Robben. "For me, honestly, if you play in a World Cup final, you need a world-class referee. I don't know whether that was a world-class performance from the referee.

"The second foul, when I went through, was very clear. He had to send him off and give the free-kick. In the end there was no advantage. But there were some strange decisions. We'd tried to stop them defensively, and there were two aggressive teams who wanted to win. It's up to the referee to control the game. The main thing is we cannot criticise ourselves."

no doubt about it, arjen robben is a twat.

how he can claim there was no advantage after this so called puyol challenge i have no idea. he was clean through on goal!! and he cannot criticise himself? maybe i need to do it for him. you should have put this away:

BareBones

wheezy
I fucking hate arjen robben. he's nowhere near as good as the media pretend he is, totally predictable player, complete whinger, undignified in defeat, and he looks like a walnut with eyes.

crackerjack

no doubt about it, arjen robben is a twat.

how he can claim there was no advantage after this so called puyol challenge i have no idea. he was clean through on goal!! and he cannot criticise himself? maybe i need to do it for him. you should have put this away:

that's the first one. it was the later one he complained about

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Puyol plays it like a pro - arm across the front to slow him down but no so much to make a freekick inevitable.

crackerjack

fully agree with comments though - having played the ugliest WC final football since Argentina 90 they're compounding it by whinging about a fucking corner.

crackerjack

Player of the tournament anyone? I'm going for Iniesta

Iniesta was a great player in a great team. Forlan had others around him (notably Suarez) but In just felt his individual impact was immense every time he played.

Best goal: the first one.

Best match: Italy-Slovakia

Most impressive performance: Spain's slow unpicking of Germany (though if i'd seen Germany's demolition of Argentina, it might have been that. Certainly the number they did on us was emphatic).

don_quixote

Trent End
germany's demolitions of england and argentina weren't the reactive unpickings they were made out to be. they were blitzkreig attacks as early blows hurt followed by smash and grab raids.

mixed_biscuits

Robben almost single-handedly got Bayern to where they got this season, mainly with absurdly consistent cut-inside-and-whack-it-in moves.

Muller did nothing for his club team by comparison.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
1.jpg

How do you sponsor a hash tag exactly ?