Cycling around Carparks

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
Yes and it wasn't a very big one either but you could really fast in a circle. Also, no one ever used it so you were rarely disturbed by actual cars.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i've spent tons of time in carparks, skating not cycling though. Lion Yard L6 is about as close to hell as it gets.

Yes, Sunday mornings circa 1983-1985 on my Elswick, racing my brother on his Grifter, around the local Key Markets car park. Now a Morrisons.

That was a great time. I remember earning a pound for rescuing a tortoise and hatching a load of frogspawn in a toy wheelbarrow.

D

droid

Finglas Shopping centre as a kid, Artane Castle in my teens waiting for deliveries.

luka

i have a deeper more intimate connection with carparks than you lot though... you would never understand... i spent three years working in a carpark and sometimes cycling round it. or drinking and smoking in it. or playing football in it. or chewing khat in it. or chasing romford pre-teens out of it.
carparks occupy a special place in my soul.

D

droid

Luka - Diabolist of the disabled space, Loa of the loading bay...

Woebot

yeah carpark of the ziggurat in stratford.... now morrisons....

the nice thing was carving those arcs.

also we used to trigger the gate in one of them by riding under it. the idea was to do it so many times that the car park (totally empty) would register as FULL. we managed that a few times i remember.

actually thinking i might take my children for a jaunt of carpark biking.

luka

oh... you were in a full on multi-storey carpark?
i wasn't. it was just a big bit of broken asphalt really.

john eden

male pale and stale
Me too, the higher Ed college was at the bottom of my road, so a couple of car parks and a campus to pootle around...

Good bit of space reclaiming...