State of ORIGIN

luka

nice one ben. thrilled the guardian are covering origin. this match was the 1st ive missed in 7 years

luka

aw mayte that was awesome I was walkabout in temple. about roughly one million people in there. all fat tattooed shouting sausages. not a neck to be seen. I was in my element.

luka

SO PUMPED FOR THIS MATE I'm gunna lead an expedition to walkabout for anyone that wants to experience the magic

luka

CRICKETS FOR LOSERS IM GOIBG BELUSHIS LONDON BRIDGE RIGHT NOW BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

luka

NRL GRAND FINAL DAY MATE
Kicks off in approximately one hours. Sharks vs Storm. Find a stream. Crack a tooheys

luka

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-premiership-in-thriller-20161002-grtcb2.html

This was for the true believers. It was for Gal. For the retiring Michael Ennis. It was for the 18,081 days they've been waiting.

This was for Nathan Blacklock and Anthony Mundine's somersaults in the 1999 preliminary final at the very same ground.

It was for the Steve Renouf hat-trick that denied them in Super League in 1997. It was for '73 and '78. This was for Steve Rogers. For Jack Gibson. For Jon Mannah.

It's for Andrew Ettingshausen, David Peachey, Tommy Bishop and Gavin Miller. This was for half a century of playing second fiddle. This was for the bubbler. For Northies.

It's for Harold Holt. It's for every porch light in the Sutherland Shire flickering bright through the night.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
only caught the last ten minutes, which were tense as all hell. Didn't England screw it up at the end - camera didn't pan wide enough, but looked like there was a try on in the last play of the game?

Mindboggling how they almost lost vs Tonga in the last 7 mins of the semi - would have been the biggest choke of all time, can't immediately think of anything comparable in top level sport.

On the Union side of things - South Africa are amazingly shit these days, aren't they? Bad for the game when Springboks and France (and Australia?) are both so poor.

luka

This is when he first came to my attention. Fuifui Moimoi was the ultimate tank in a game for tanks. He was unstoppable. A brick wall running really fast. A cannonball. No one could stop him. And then he met a teenage Sam. Ridiculous. Completely impossible. A god introducing himself to the earth-people.

luka

Sports careers are so brief they do weird things to your perception of time. Compress it.

luka

He never had the success Sonny Bill had but he did have this, which almost matters more