Jamaica

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Wtf is going on here? They're treating this guy Coke like he's Escobar, though no-one I know has ever heard of him before. Does anyone know the backstory of the pressure put on Jamaica by the US? Has Britain (which takes an interest in ex-colonial 'possessions' whenever it suits it) even made a statement against this?

grizzleb

"We love our Dudus yes we do"

Seen some of the protests on the streets, he sounds like an interesting, robin hood-esque figure.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
If it's true that he took on the head role in the Shower Posse then the US and Jamaica will both have problems with him, Vivian Blake who was the US head died this year, so all of this may have something to do with that. Born Fi Dead is quite a good book on all of the fuckery that is the Jamaican political/drugs/police system.

petergunn

plywood violin
If it's true that he took on the head role in the Shower Posse then the US and Jamaica will both have problems with him, Vivian Blake who was the US head died this year, so all of this may have something to do with that. Born Fi Dead is quite a good book on all of the fuckery that is the Jamaican political/drugs/police system.

something's not right... Dudas was supposedly affiliated w/ Seaga and the JLP (tivoli gardens was basically built by the JLP as a home for their supporters), so it is suprising that Golding is doing this, as he is JLP, too... maybe the US pressure is too much, but he is fucking his hardcore tradional local base bigtime...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
something's not right... Dudas was supposedly affiliated w/ Seaga and the JLP (tivoli gardens was basically built by the JLP as a home for their supporters), so it is suprising that Golding is doing this, as he is JLP, too... maybe the US pressure is too much, but he is fucking his hardcore tradional local base bigtime...

Yeah, the reports are that Golding held out for six months against the US but relented due to 'internal' pressure, god knows what's really going on. I'm sure some of the dancehall forums will be able to shed some light, you're right tho, something's up.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
There are five million dollar bounties on prominent middle-eastern insurgents' heads right now too. I feel the price needs to be re-adjusted a little bit.