people playing music on the bus/train through their phones (yknow youre old when...)

gumdrops

is there anything worse than this? (dont think this has been covered on dissensus before)
and i dont want to hear about any painfully liberal readings of this as youth reclaiming public space
the youth should realise its not THEIR space alone, they SHARE it with other people... who dont want to hear fucking giggs or some shitty drake song blasting at tinnitus-inducing volume at a late hour on a thursday night
seriously, whoever invented the mobile that could act as a loudspeaker for music should be made to sit in a room with nothing but akon playing at full distorted volume for a week or so
someone i know was on a train the other day and asked two guys to shut their music off and they went off on one about how they were gonna do him over if he didnt shut up (he didnt in the end but he being a bit older felt a bit worried during their 'discussion')
i would like kids to rediscover the beauty of the earphone.

slowtrain

Yes, I am a young person even and this really irks me, maybe because I'm generally quite shy and listen to music 90% of people would hate, but it just seems really obnoxious to me....

Client Eastwood

Soundclash with mobile phones. I've seen battery powered speakers with a small woofer for phones. LOL. Old peoples (myself included) peace on buses is a thing of the past.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Funny, I haven't seen (and heard) this for a while. There was loads of it around a couple of years ago but not so much recently - maybe just a case of the novelty wearing off?

The one good thing to come out of it has been the term 'sodcasting', which I find mildly amusing.

The most common noise annoyance on public transport, though, is people with iPods who still use the shitty, shitty little white earphones you get with them. They must sound terrible to the user, because most of the sound just leaks out of them and into the ears of anyone nearby. At least someone playing music on loudspeaker is being honest about their status as an antisocial twat.

The worst thing, though, is people having a phone conversation on speakerphone. :confused: Only witnessed it a couple of times, thankfully. You might as well just hang a big sign around your neck that says "I AM AN INSUFFERABLE CUNT", surely?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Don't so much get people playing music here as much anymore but people spending an hour shouting babble into their phone subjecting everyone to half a conversation on bus deserve to be shot.

massrock

Tea said:
The most common noise annoyance on public transport, though, is people with iPods who still use the shitty, shitty little white earphones you get with them.
When you can hear someone else's headphones, half a carriage way, over the sound of yours AND the sound of the train... Stares in disbelief.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I just can't see why anyone who actually likes music doesn't throw the damn things in the bin the moment they get a new music player. Even the ones you get with decent products (e.g. Sony) are crap, although the Apple ones are the worst. I wish the manufacturers would just knock down the price by a couple of quid and not bother supplying earphones with the player, than give you the naff, tinny, quiet, uncomfortable ones you get with them.

Oddly enough, Sony used to supply pretty decent earphones (the Fontopia ones that stick out into your ear) with their higher-end Walkmans and Discmans in the late '90s. They don't any more, if the MP3 I bought last year is anything to go by.