moving house...

woops

is not like other people
is weird innit. takes you all day to pack up your stuff. you see the things you ain't seen since last time you moved house

Leo

it's a pain to move but a great time to shed some dead weight of stuff you never use, and rediscover cool stuff you forgot about. it also always seems to take at least an hour or more longer than you originally estimate to pack. And I've lived in new places for weeks before finally unpacking all the boxes. a good workout, tho. usually sleep like a baby the night of a move.

i currently live in a fourth-floor walk up (no elevator), and when i moved in, it was the first time i ever hired movers. man, that makes life A LOT easier.

i've had to move three times in the last 18 months, so rarely enjoy discovering something new, just shift the same stuff from here to there. it's tiresome. i've borrowed a van previously though, which i enjoy driving round all day - moving itself can be quite exciting, although 'settling in' seems to revolve around beer and take away food. for a couple of weeks.
records are a pain.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
i haven't moved in about 5 years, but August 1st is the big one. Leave London after 21 years, a one-bedroom flat in Streatham, to live in my girlfriend's parents' massive country house in a small Northumberland village for at least a year (economic imperative, sadly). One shit pub, one shit shop, beautiful scenery but naff all public transport.

Going to be a bit of a culture shock. Added to which, moving 50ft of vinyl and about 150ft of books always sucks :(