Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Magazines

No need for consolation, my pitch was cheeky and humorous!

Re: New Humanists, woah, what, which Dissensoids?

nina, dave s, dan h ... afaik

4. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

Mark Fisher wrote for New Humanist too.

Daniel Trilling, the current editor, is good people.

LRB still routinely brilliant - this article on the AIDS crisis, and how it has been historicised, is phenomenally good imo https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n18/tom-cr...e-was-a-plague
    Some stats are mindblowing - 14,000 deaths in the States in 2012, two decades after antiretroviral therapy came in. Also this is my own naivete, but I didn't know that the US prohibition on HIV positive people entering the country was only overturned in 2010
    Last edited by baboon2004; 22-09-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    I see that Tribune has relaunched with our very own ex-comrade Owen Hatherley in the role of Cultural Commissar.

I pitched him an article on ‘The Jews in Fascist Italy’ but he didn’t seem interested, which is a shame.
    last time i saw him i was very drunk and told him you were a much better writer than him and all of his mates. he drew himself up in indignation. i dont think it had quite occured to him before and he didnt like the idea. its objectively true though. owen was the best of them from a prose style point of view tbf. i told him that too. i wanst being mean, just letting him know you were the better stylist. maybe thats what made him reject your article.