Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Increasing Physical Energy Levels

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I have also just done 7 days without drinking but dont feel better for it. Maybe I need another 7?
    I assume you mean "another 7 pints".
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

HEY GUESS WHAT GUYS I JUST DONE 10 PRESS UPS!!!!
    I have this idea of myself that I'm not terribly fit and probably drink too much and all the rest, but yesterday I rowed 13 km in an hour, without a pause, maximum resistance setting, no warm-up or anything. And I don't even feel bad today, just got a bit of a blister from the handle. Weird.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

That sounds impressive. Ive never been on a rowing machine. I think the idea is to do it regularly?

That sounds impressive. Ive never been on a rowing machine. I think the idea is to do it regularly?
    I go once a week but usually do the rower for only 10 or 20 minutes at a time and then do other stuff. I always think of your comment about being like a rat running in a wheel after driving to work, sitting down all day and then driving home, but I just don't want to have a heart attack when I'm in my 40s.

Which happened to my grandfather and bumped the (not-so-)old fella off.

Well if you have to sit down all day you have to do a bit of exercise or you'll turn into a hermaphrodite I read it in the evening standard

Well if you have to sit down all day you have to do a bit of exercise or you'll turn into a hermaphrodite I read it in the evening standard
    I remember that comment, too. And if it's in a newspaper it must be true!

Set down in black and white

Their headline the other day was "TURKEY SHOOTS DOWN RUSSIAN JET", and I thought "Fuck me, I thought the fat useless cunts couldn't even fly".

after getting everything left/right & below my meat n 2 veg crushed in a car wreck, doing 3years of rehab physio, local national parks are proving sanctuaries of exploration, walking, absorbing scenery, wildlife, improving mobility & keeping fit, tunes when appropriate, few j's when appropriate

fuck the gym....the outdoors & clean mountain air pushing your route times are the preferred options

add the seasonal spectrum of changing vistas an colour ranges, a decent pair of boots & a jack russell, voila