Increasing Physical Energy Levels

luka

Well if you have to sit down all day you have to do a bit of exercise or you'll turn into a hermaphrodite I read it in the evening standard

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well if you have to sit down all day you have to do a bit of exercise or you'll turn into a hermaphrodite I read it in the evening standard

I remember that comment, too. And if it's in a newspaper it must be true!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Their headline the other day was "TURKEY SHOOTS DOWN RUSSIAN JET", and I thought "Fuck me, I thought the fat useless cunts couldn't even fly".

cwmbran-city

after getting everything left/right & below my meat n 2 veg crushed in a car wreck, doing 3years of rehab physio, local national parks are proving sanctuaries of exploration, walking, absorbing scenery, wildlife, improving mobility & keeping fit, tunes when appropriate, few j's when appropriate

fuck the gym....the outdoors & clean mountain air pushing your route times are the preferred options

add the seasonal spectrum of changing vistas an colour ranges, a decent pair of boots & a jack russell, voila

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
I've restarted my push up routine but it's harder cos I'm 2 or 3 stone heavier. With my new fat body I can do 8 on a good day. Im gunna practice every day and hopefully get to ten by 2016.

What are you on now - 200?

luka

i havent done any all winter or done anything at all. i keep saying i'll start again cos im feeling puny.
ive never got much past 10. maybe 14 tops? always end up stopping any time i reach that limit and not
going back to it for months and months. pathetic really.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i havent done any all winter or done anything at all. i keep saying i'll start again cos im feeling puny.
ive never got much past 10. maybe 14 tops? always end up stopping any time i reach that limit and not
going back to it for months and months. pathetic really.

Smoke some PCP and you could be doing 800 or 1000 in a session. I mean, if it works for Raekwon it can work for you, right?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've actually found out the answer to this, or rediscovered the answer

The answer is running

I felt like total shit yesterday until lunchtime, had a terrible sleep

Went running for 20 minutes at lunch, pretty slow going but did 3km and for the rest of the day, until about 7pm I felt fine

I also had three coffees but two of them did absolutely nothing for me, it was the running that did it

It was quite an eye opener cos I didn't feel like doing it at all but I tried as an experiment and it worked

craner

Beast of Burden
I've actually found out the answer to this, or rediscovered the answer

The answer is running

I felt like total shit yesterday until lunchtime, had a terrible sleep

Went running for 20 minutes at lunch, pretty slow going but did 3km and for the rest of the day, until about 7pm I felt fine

I also had three coffees but two of them did absolutely nothing for me, it was the running that did it

It was quite an eye opener cos I didn't feel like doing it at all but I tried as an experiment and it worked

Specifically running, or any form of exercise?

I was at a very low point in my life when I started this thread. Every time I see a post from 2010 I shudder inside.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The boring answers are true

My energy levels have been a lot better or more consistent since I cut down (almost out) on bread and chocolate and started eating porridge and salads (which sounds very boring but the salads aren't that bad cos I pack them with prawns, tuna, chicken plus probably not optimum healthy but tasty mayo and french dressing etc... and for porridge raspberries and blueberries etc.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Specifically running, or any form of exercise?

I was at a very low point in my life when I started this thread. Every time I see a post from 2010 I shudder inside.
Any form would do I think as long as it gets your heart rate up

This book has changed my perspective on exercise, it explains what it does to your brain. It gave me a reason to do it.

Can't post the link it's called "Spark: The revolutionary science of exercise and the brain"