Digital & Interactive Media... Where do you see it going?

cushtilla

A somewhat open-ended question, but I'm curious to see where you guys think things are going on tinternet, in gaming, music, entertainment n everything digital.

I think there is a lot of potential in augmented reality on the new smart phones and would love to see how the technology can be developed to enrich my experience of for example, exploring the city, etc.

And do any of you guys use anything like Foursquare? I don't see the point, but some people seem to be well into it!

And on another tangent, I wonder how the music industry is going to adapt to a generation of consumers who are growing up without seeing music as something they should have to pay for... Will people instead pay for apps which allow you to interact with the musical parts, and the original mp3 is simply a promotional tool for those apps?

Dusty

Tone deaf
Am I right in thinking Foursquare is an attempt to augment real life with what looks suspiciously similar to Xbox360 achievements?

Its almost too much of a cliche to voice it these days, but Gibson and Stephenson really did seem to nail the vision of the future when it comes to mobile tech and the virtual world/real world merging together. I already feel distinctly lost without google maps to guide me through an unknown new urban area.

We must be fast approaching the time of immediate access to everything instantly. Information overload is going to become a real problem, we already had a thread on here about how some people are finding the access to endless good music a burden rather than a utopia.

Last edited:

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

springs to mind...

Leo

from three years ago, wouldn't be surprised if something like google glass makes it possible by the end of the decade. both fascinating and frightening.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What kind of cunt needs a head-computer to tell them how to make a cup of tea or when they need to go for a piss? :confused:

I find it kind of heart warming, that with all the processing power depicted in the video, the speech synthesis is still imagined as being quite rubbish.