hip hop '10

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This mixtape by ^ whiz khalifah is great

alg_album_wiz_kush_oj.jpg

might be old news i dunno...

Still playing that Earl album, it really is incredible.

Immryr

yeah orange juice and kush is well good. wiz khalifa is the thinnest boss you've heard thus far.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
im really slow, only just realised its the guy that writes cocaine blunts who does the hip hop coverage in the wire

suddenly the lil b and odd future features don't seem so out of the blue

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That cocaine blunts blog is amazing, only problem is I'm still up at half 3 now reading it :confused:

This isn't from 2010, found on my c.b travels. A homophobic tribe called quest tune that was going to be on 'low end theory' but for some reason (ahem) didn't make it...

Crazy to hear this, clashes massively with what I think of ATCQ as representing...

P.S. I haven't given 'Bastard' a proper listen yet but I think Tyler and Earl are neck and neck on 'Couch'. Tyler has that line about putting your bitch in a bath of cum and throwing a shark in it, though. (Interesting, looking at the Tribe thing - I sort of accept the constant rape chat on 'Earl'. But it doesn't come out of the blue to me, it comes ready formed with that crew or something. Seems more cartoonish than that Tribe thing too... didn't mean to compare the two just realised while re-editing this reply...)

Love the production on Earl - Stapleton, Earl, Couch... Especially the woozy druggy beats (funny that Tyler doesn't smoke weed apparently). I.E.

that organ that comes in is slightly demented, works though

Last edited:

luka

brand nubian feature on that gay bashing song too, although they already have a name for that anyway so its not as shocking i suppose.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

lollll @ this jay-z/any other popular rapper working for the illluminati thing.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=1948

2:05 into this video AHAHAHA

also: I never noticed the masonic symbols they used in that episode of the simpsons where they parodied the masons... omg its a conspiracy.

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

im so late but i have really gotten into gucci mane. only liked a few things of his before but im totally sold on him now. i feel like theres a whole load of southern rap ive missed out as a result. was really into crunk and the south around 04/05 but lost interest a bit after. the remix of big boi's shine blockas with gucci is also really good.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

have been listening to these two constantly, via cocaine blunts recommendation. I'm not sure I even like gucci mane that much as a rapper but I like these two tunes. going to definitely check out more gucci mane stuff on the off chance.

p.s. DJ Drama and DJ Holiday both need to die horribly.

p.p.s. the cocaine blunts guy has done an article on Tyler + oddfuture in the new Wire magazine (I wish the rest of the magazine catered to my tastes).

rubberdingyrapids

noz knows his stuff inside out. ive found im into hip hop quite a bit again lately, partly just cos i think i need songs after hearing so much funky/dubstep etc and well i miss rapping (yeah theres grime but its not the same). still think gucci should be dressed something like slick rick, bishop don juan and eric b and rakim circa paid in full rather than the boring standard rapper wear he has though. he is called GUCCI mane after all.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah I know what you mean. I've had some great nights this year dancing to house and other dance genres but I do miss the personality that vocalists/mcs bring to things. Listening to instrumental music all the time gets a bit dull. The whole world around hip-hop music is really funny/disturbing also (see: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/ )

stephenk

you don't think his jewelry selection is outlandish enough?

guccichain_bart1.jpg

guccichain_odie1.jpg

Gucci-Mane-south-park-chain.jpg

not sold on oddfuture and even less on lil b...the production can be cool but i love gucci (or the dearly departed max b, or cam'ron, etc. - anyone who's ruled it for a year or two in the last decade) because he doesn't sound like he's trying hard (or at all) to be clever...whereas this west coast post-hyphy thing is kinda too considered. like there's too much sitting around all day smoking weed trying to out-goof-your-friends involved, too little free association. it's not outsized enough - maybe kind of juvenile, which i realize is the point.

however i can definitely applaud the return of gorey lyrics to rap.