New Google Images

Woebot

hmm. not sure how happy i am about this.

i can see good points but...

the very worst thing is the cropping

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Everything's gonna be like this soon cos of touchscreens; I don't mind it but it looks really messy and seems less organised even if it actually isn't, which is a design thing I guess.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
It's definitely weird. I like that kind of load-as-you-scroll mechanic on tumblr sites etc, but it's not so good when you're looking for an image, it just seems less precise even though it's probably still quicker to find what you're after. It's now just like a shit version of Cooliris. Google should just buy out whoever developed Cooliris and find a way to integrate it with browsers a little more fluidly.

grizzleb

It would be an improvement if it didn't zoom in every picture you hover your mouse over, only letting you 'open in new tab' after it's became larger. Also, I'm pretty sure that it uses up more memory. I like the reasonably quick browsing in terms of looking through a bunch of images for what you want though.

nomos

Administrator
I don't like it at all. It's messy and gimmicky and there's no reason to have to mouseover something find out its dimensions, or for the images you click to load in a layer on top of the source site. Seems like Google and Flickr are trying out ways of becoming more like an interface and less like a webpage, when the latter has been working just fine.

grizzleb

Give it a couple of months and you won't think about it at all I expect. I remember moaning about the setup of this forum when it was changed a while back.