Fucking Hell is this real?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Christ, what a whopper.

An image illustrating an article on the same page:

15695587.jpg

Gotta love Sky News. :slanted:

Edit: haha, they've also got the inept burglar who got stuck in a window a few doors down from my house.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
To be fair, Master Splinter was less an evolved rat than he was a metamorphosized man. Much easier to rise above your feral brethrin when you were never really below them. I'm not giving that kind of benefit of the doubt to our nascent depraved Rat Overlords.

Our food isn't safe.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Slightly OT question for you science geeks...

The girl I sit beside at work claims to have encountered a spider the size of a human hand (including it's legs) in her bathroom last night. Apparently it's got beady eyes on stalks as well. She screamed, burst into tears and had to jump over the fucker to get out of the room, it was that big. Took her boyfriend a wee while to find something big enough to trap it in and now it's living in a big glass jar in their living room. He got beetles from the garden to feed it with and seems to want to keep it as a pet :slanted:

Any ideas as to what in God's name it might be/where it came from?

bobbin

What
Slightly OT question for you science geeks...

The girl I sit beside at work claims to have encountered a spider the size of a human hand (including it's legs) in her bathroom last night. Apparently it's got beady eyes on stalks as well. She screamed, burst into tears and had to jump over the fucker to get out of the room, it was that big. Took her boyfriend a wee while to find something big enough to trap it in and now it's living in a big glass jar in their living room. He got beetles from the garden to feed it with and seems to want to keep it as a pet :slanted:

Any ideas as to what in God's name it might be/where it came from?

big up the boyfriend for keeping it and feeding it beetles :)

people who are scared of spiders do seem to have an honest tendency to exaggerate the size of them... but don't weirdo exotic species come over in shipments of fruit and stuff sometimes? i think i remember stories about a black widow in someone's bunch of bananas and so on.