Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tunes that perfectly fuse jungle and happy hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    Padraig you would looooove this I reckon
    tbh this was more a burning obsession I had for a couple weeks 3 years ago than something I actually listen to

crystl or omni trio I could just bang around the house, this stuff not so much. it just don't make sense out of E'd up dancefloor context

also that mix is a bit 4x4 stompy for my tastes (not a criticism tho)

still glad to skim back over this thread tho cos I discovered the previously unknown to me Happy Tunes aka Jason B

one for auld times sake

speaking of that n'joi tho, someone should do a roots of happy hardcore

anthem, injected with a poison, a sasha hacienda piano anthem, 2xtreme, manix, utah saints - something good, a few more ardkore piano classics i.e. music 4 da people, some ca 1991 dodgy italo/piano house, dj seduction, something grant nelson, etc. no fucking toytown charly-type nonsense tho

great thread.

this stuff and pre-neurofunk techstep i'd like to be revived. perfect contrast.

wow this sure seems like a million years ago. guess happy hardcore never did get that critical reappraisal. probably rightly so.

otoh just listened to Something Good for the first time in i don't know how many years and it's still fucking great. at least 80% of that is Kate Bush but still.

more like hoovers and happy hardcore but yeah as one guy says on discogs like being injected with rocket fuel.