Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tunes that perfectly fuse jungle and happy hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    Padraig you would looooove this I reckon
    tbh this was more a burning obsession I had for a couple weeks 3 years ago than something I actually listen to

crystl or omni trio I could just bang around the house, this stuff not so much. it just don't make sense out of E'd up dancefloor context

also that mix is a bit 4x4 stompy for my tastes (not a criticism tho)

still glad to skim back over this thread tho cos I discovered the previously unknown to me Happy Tunes aka Jason B

one for auld times sake

speaking of that n'joi tho, someone should do a roots of happy hardcore

anthem, injected with a poison, a sasha hacienda piano anthem, 2xtreme, manix, utah saints - something good, a few more ardkore piano classics i.e. music 4 da people, some ca 1991 dodgy italo/piano house, dj seduction, something grant nelson, etc. no fucking toytown charly-type nonsense tho

great thread.

this stuff and pre-neurofunk techstep i'd like to be revived. perfect contrast.

wow this sure seems like a million years ago. guess happy hardcore never did get that critical reappraisal. probably rightly so.

otoh just listened to Something Good for the first time in i don't know how many years and it's still fucking great. at least 80% of that is Kate Bush but still.

more like hoovers and happy hardcore but yeah as one guy says on discogs like being injected with rocket fuel.

Tuuune!!!

one of the top top tunes the genre has produced. Utter greatness

8. The Following User Says Thank You to firefinga For This Useful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to firefinga For This Useful Post:

I think this duo are the best exponents of this crossover style, which didn't go far beyond 94 went it went pure banging Happy Hardcore (Loftgroover, Doogle etc)

These guys were all on the flipside of Dreamscape tape packs with Bukem, Randall etc in 93/94, the genetic material was still close but starting to cleave

Oops, just went back to page 1. We've done all this already . As you were.

EXCEPT THAT AH HA!!!

This is a YouTube rip of a tape I got in 1993 from some mad guy in my school that I played to death and still have in a box somewhere. Ellis Dee at a Portsmouth rave, full of this stuff, very druggy and unhinged

I love YouTube. This stopped me listening to The Cure quite quickly when I was at school. Still gives me nostalgic chills.
    Last edited by craner; 06-07-2018 at 09:54 PM.

NEXT FRIDAY WE'VE GOT THE WHOLE FUCKING PR IT'S GOING TO BE MENTAL! HASTINGS!
    Last edited by craner; 06-07-2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: HASTINGS!!

Another slammer!