tunes that perfectly fuse jungle and happy hardcore

bob effect

somnambulist
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

see and then for the first half of this you're like, oh totally a darkside tune and then out of nowhere some great cheesy piano riff

That was fucking great :)

mixed_biscuits

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

For reference:

Nookie's 'Sound of Music' album has lots of piano jungle, as far as I remember.

ps. If anybody can point me in the direction of darkcore tracks as hard and fast as my second clip, I would be very happy.

Last edited:

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Not all the following match the criteria exactly, but I felt obliged to contribute something thanks to managing to ID about 8 previously unknown tracks via this thread.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Allegiant, Vibes' Obsession is the dark one (great nevertheless!), it's all about the flipside:

Badger, it's Luna-C who's the legend :)

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

may be too cheesy for some but you just gotta go with it, yunno...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fc9Q2G_vuEs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fc9Q2G_vuEs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

padraig (u.s.)

some of the many bangers put out by Impact ca. 94-95

padraig (u.s.)

I like to pretend I live in alternate universe wherein instead of jungle descending into the drudgery of dnb and happy hc abandoning the breakbeat and becoming terrifyingly infantile, the two of them reconciled and got back together after 1994. tho I suppose that would've obviated the need for 2-step and all that.

padraig (u.s.)

also, I would like to make a request/challenge to benny b, gremino, etc - all you dudes who throw down great 2-step and dark garage and old school hardcore mixes on the regular - to put together mixes of these tunes. there is nothing I would like better than to be able listen to crazy piano riffs over ruff amens while I ride up and down the many, many hills of Atlanta on my bike.

Benny Bunter

^^^funny cos I was gonna ask you to contribute to the hardcore half hour thread. You should do a mix!

I will try and throw a happy amen mix together at some point though. Been loving the tunes on this thread.

And I'll bet Wise could do a good un...

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Don't have access to mixing right now, but otherwise I'D LOVE TO MAKE A ONE!!

Tho I can upload an old tiny 9 min promo mix later. Only two of these tunes, but oldskool sounds otherwise :D

padraig (u.s.)

an early favorite that I almost forgot, contemporary to Red Alert & Slammer & the glory days of Nookie, oddly enough (or perhaps not) both of these dudes went on to make the most bludclart ruffneck ragga jungle (one as Terry Tee, the other as some other dude from the Kemet Crew), but for now just bask in the glory of sped-up '92 drumz and that ridiculous piano ripped straight from Praga Khan...

the sample source for anyone unfamiliar & interested, a stomping bit of Belgian rave techno bizness...