2 questions

zhao

there are no accidents
why do you think Nutella never made it in the US?

and when do you tink boot-cut jeans are going to come back?

massrock

In Germany do you get the Nutella that's half white and half milk chocolate? That's big in the rest of Europe but you don't see it much in the UK.

Americans have a funny relationship with chocolate anyway don't they?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Yeah, America has such bad chocolate they probably banned Nutella in case people realised what crap Hersheys was. I've never understood that about over there, some deep down hatred of the Mayans maybe.

My jeans ripped at the back of the bottom cos I'm a short arse and they always fray, so now they fall over my boots like boot cut jeans, so maybe they are on their way back in ;)

zhao

there are no accidents
someone said "peanut lobby" in US being responsible for the absence of Nutella. prolly makes sense...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Peanut butter is a national obsession in the States, isn't it? I just don't get it, personally. Marmite or GTFO.

grizzleb

Fwwiit! Peanut butter is the absolute business, Nutella is good but only as a novelty - you would get sick of it if you ate it every day. Peanut butter on the other hand...

grizzleb

And anyway, I thought nutella actually had no chocolate in it, despite the taste, and was actually made of almonds or some other nut? Not sure why the powerful nut lobbyists would attempt to halt the sales of a nut-based product that can compete with chocolate...

grizzleb

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bobbin

What
and when do you tink boot-cut jeans are going to come back?

never would be nice but you see some girls wearing them again. i don't care about clothes at all when they're on other people, but any kind of flares winds me up for some reason.

hazelnut allergies are quite common in the usa because the english puritans wouldn't touch them and consequently their descendants are generally intolerant. dunno if that has anything to do with it.

i have a local italian restaurant that does nutella pizza.

p.s. spot the lie in this post

grizzleb

nutela_pizza.jpg
That looks pretty decent. :cool:

zhao

there are no accidents
never would be nice but you see some girls wearing them again.

brings up interesting facet of the phenomenon: that of individual taste being shaped by consensus and media. i personally CAN NOT STAND boot cuts now, but it was a period of mere weeks back in... 2003? fairly late in the game prolly, during which my opinion changed 180.

i mean before this 2-3 weeks i LOVED my bootcut collection. and after this period i hated them. if a closer examination were possible you could probably pinpoint the exact DAY, or even HOUR, during which an, albeit relatively minor, part of my aesthetic sensibility was drastically changed.

strange if you think about it no???

hazelnut allergies are quite common in the usa because the english puritans wouldn't touch them and consequently their descendants are generally intolerant. dunno if that has anything to do with it.

p.s. spot the lie in this post

that's the lie cuz it don't even make sense

jenks

thread death
It seems to me that generally Europeans (obv excluding Uk and Ireland) put hazelnuts in their chocolate without drawing attention to the fact - Kinder, that swiss one - Milka? and others. Annoyingly, it isn't always very clear as they aren't nut textured but smooth instead which has led to a mad dash for the piriton with my nut allergic son on more than one ocasion on holiday. Whereas the American peanut/chocolate combinations seem to be as interested in the saltiness of peanuts as much as anything. Still can't beat a StarBar though.