The Game - Neil Strauss

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I just don't buy the mysogyny and aspiration thing

yeah, there's a shock.

you may not buy it, but it buys you.

To be honest, and I will probably get accused of bragging again...

no one accused you of bragging. that would imply you have something to brag about.

I dunno man, what's even the point, you're already the absolute pinnacle of self-parody. anything I could add would just be redundant.

comelately

Wild Horses
no one accused you of bragging. that would imply you have something to brag about.

First part is untrue. Second point is logically invalid.

I dunno man, what's even the point, you're already the absolute pinnacle of self-parody. anything I could add would just be redundant.

That's quite the compliment. Thank you!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Soon comelately will be able to make every human female on Earth climax simultaneously merely by thinking about it. I reckon that's what all this '2012' stuff is about - the combined explosive yield of 3,000,000,000 orgasms tilting the planet's axis...

that's just wonderful

In such an amazing sentence, it's the use of "empowered" that stands out as the real gem, I think.

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

First part is untrue.

the accusation - which imparts way too much gravity, more accurate would be like bemused derision - was that you were ridiculous. for people to think you were bragging they'd have to believe you, which I'm about 99% sure 99% of them don't, at least in re: your supposed various & sundry magical orgasm powers, tho probably not so much about the wonderfulness/non-shittiness of the p-u-a ting either. but bro really before you get all bent out again like last time I'm just saying if the whole pick-up thing really is a wonderful mystical utopian quest of rampant non-misogyny and you personally are the king of highly improbable physical acts involving the female orgasmic response then surely you don't need to spend your time convincing people on message boards about it. like aren't we distracting you from your latest libidinously lascivious tantric dance marathon right now? just saying.

padraig (u.s.)

also who wants to put $ down on the chance that c.l. comes back with some line about how I/anyone else is just too bitter/jealous/uptight/[insert similar adjective here] to appreciate, yunno, the greater glory of systematizing pick-up lines.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
surely you don't need to spend your time convincing people on message boards about it. like aren't we distracting you from your latest libidinously lascivious tantric dance marathon right now? just saying.

Tea's Third Law of the internet: every time you make an online boast about your sex life, you delay your next actual encounter with another person by three months.

padraig (u.s.)

Thank you!

ok tho bro I was just thinking that I actually have to thank you b/c you are just too too jokes bro like a neverending fount of delirious internet quotation like the white whale of outrageous message board sex claims like you never thought it could exist until you see it F2F knowhatimsayin, givin a bro hella internet laffs stories for days & days.

what I'm saying is: enough with all this negging let's just hate-fuck and get the inevitable over with. bonus points if you can empower me to have a 17-minute orgasm.

lanugo

von Verfall erzittern
If Machiavelli gives sound and universally applicable advice in Il Principe on how to aquire, increase and retain power by exploiting human weaknesses, I don't see why it shouldn't be equally possible, given a sufficiently high motivation to investigate the matter, to actually come up with pretty reliable and efficient tecniques to be successful in the much more mundane area of life that is dating. Considering the inherent comicality of the situation of human mating it is perfectly plausible to assume that the one who pushes the ridiculousness to the limit will, in fact, be also the one to attain the greatest success in this particular endeavour - just as in the amoral sphere of politics it is the extraordinarily ruthless actor who will be triumphant in the end. Thus, "pick-up artists" can only be said to be misogynistic in the same sense that Machiavellians can be said to be cynical or unscrupulous: their behaviour merely reflects the most expedient way to have the firmest possible grip on certain realities of life. In this sense, life itself is misogynistic or inhuman. This being said, Tea and padraig, why don't the two of you just piss off and start masturbating over the pictures of those bodybuilder type females you posted in the "Hot New Skool Babes" thread? You would love some good manhandling by those fine ladies, wouldn't you?

zhao

there are no accidents
also who wants to put $ down on the chance that c.l. comes back with some line about how I/anyone else is just too bitter/jealous/uptight/[insert similar adjective here] to appreciate, yunno, the greater glory of systematizing pick-up lines.

yes i will surely put money down on the chance that you, padraig (u.s.), are a joyless self righteous bore with a giant stick up your ass ALL the fucking time.

zhao

there are no accidents
If Machiavelli gives sound and universally applicable advice in Il Principe on how to aquire, increase and retain power by exploiting human weaknesses, I don't see why it shouldn't be equally possible, given a sufficiently high motivation to investigate the matter, to actually come up with pretty reliable and efficient tecniques to be successful in the much more mundane area of life that is dating. Considering the inherent comicality of the situation of human mating it is perfectly plausible to assume that the one who pushes the ridiculousness to the limit will, in fact, be also the one to attain the greatest success in this particular endeavour - just as in the amoral sphere of politics it is the extraordinarily ruthless actor who will be triumphant in the end. Thus, "pick-up artists" can only be said to be misogynistic in the same sense that Machiavellians can be said to be cynical or unscrupulous: their behaviour merely reflects the most expedient way to have the firmest possible grip on certain realities of life. In this sense, life itself is misogynistic or inhuman.

this is pretty much on the money.

in every kind of human endeavor, we can become better at anything we choose to do. how to use one's increased abilities in any sphere is another question. it is what it is. there are good things about it, and there are bad things about it.

zhao

there are no accidents
Tea and padraig, why don't the two of you just piss off and start masturbating over the pictures of those bodybuilder type females you posted in the "Hot New Skool Babes" thread? You would love some good manhandling by those fine ladies, wouldn't you?

petty plebs like these are so insecure that when ever someone shares their out of the ordinary aspirations or experiences, they just can not wait to try to shit on it, while high fiving eachother like highschool jocks trying to ridicule anyone who is a bit different.

zhao

there are no accidents
is the Machiavellian way of looking at life extremely sad and depressing? yes i think it is. but we live in a system of subjugation, power, and injustice, which is the real underlying sad and depressing thing. and Machiavellians are in a way simply realistic about it.

i personally do not choose to spend most of my energies on figuring out how to thrive in the system, be it climbing the corporate ladder or mastering the dating game, but it is not for me to judge those who do choose to excel in whatever.

and i believe that one attains universal truths and reach higher spiritual levels when they work on something, anything, diligently enough over the years and become adept, be it sound sculpture or tantra.

slowtrain

....and I'm part of an Ongoing Tantric ecstatic dance group in the Netherlands, so my powers will only increase.

I don't mean to get involved in this argument (I don't anywhere enough about the subject, I've never 'picked up' a girl.....)

but this must be one of the most hilarious statements i have ever read

anyway, i generally find that if i am very nice to everyone, i feel good about myself for being such a good person, and being nice is often very helpful

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Padraig and I are 'plebs' for not taking seriously the online boasts of someone apparently dedicated to becoming a sort of new-age sexual Ubermensch through participation in 'ongoing tantric ecstatic dance'?* Chairman Zhao lays down the law once again. :rolleyes: But then, anything that helps you on your unique personal path of spiritual empowerment towards Ultimate Truth must be pursued at all costs! :cool:

*wasn't there a Mike Myers film about that a few years back?

the-love-guru-mike-myers-jessica-alba-justin-timberlake.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
and i believe that one attains universal truths and reach higher spiritual levels when they work on something, anything, diligently enough over the years and become adept, be it sound sculpture or tantra.

Yeah, being able to pull birds whenever you want. Or attaining higher spiritual truths, as I like to call it.

Everytime I think you couldn't possibly sink further into self-parody, you somehow prove me wrong...

bobbin

What
christ on a bike. there are a couple of people who i think for me will now enduringly be associated with a mental image strongly resembling mystery and style up there.

if you think it's desirable to subversively manipulate people into having sex with you, then you are a rather depressing excuse for a human! it's quite simple. and don't tell me that all personal interactions are based on forms of manipulation, because that would make you a rather depressing excuse for a human.

paidraig and tea, i'm happily with you plebs :)