The Game - Neil Strauss

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Or the number of people left on earth there would have to be for them to consider having sex with me in order to repopulate the planet?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I maintain that boredom is a more powerful aphrodisiac than booze.

I was wondering why I always get an inexplicable hard-on while reading your posts, hyur hyur snurk snurk *sharp nasal inhalation*.

slowtrain

Does the guy who does XKCD post here or something???

beautiful_dream.png

comelately

Wild Horses
I sort of get it. But I don't think it is one of XKCD's sharper moments. It's missing a 4th picture of the same woman in a club with a drink and a player feeding her some line and her giggling.....

Last edited:

Leo

I sort of get it. But I don't think it is one of XKCD's sharper moments. It's missing a 4th picture of the same woman in a club with a drink and a player feeding her some line and her giggling.....

but she'd probably be laughing AT the "player" rather than with him. :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I want to see some of the lines this book recommends you don't use:

"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

"Is that a ladder in your tights or a stairway to heaven?"

"Can I take you out to dinner? Oh, well will you let me buy you a drink at least? Huh. I guess a sympathy shag's out of the question..."

"No, you misheard, I'm on the SEXY offenders' register!!!

:cool:

Leo

Well, maybe, if XKCD wanted to be bizarrely humourless and lacking in observation.

or realistic. ;)

btw, love the seemingly thoughtful, casual yet clearly passive-aggressive response to everything, is that one of the techniques that drives the chicks wild? i genuinely don't care in the least what you get up to. go crazy, have fun, more power to you. i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on getting laid.

zhao

there are no accidents
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on getting laid.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on playing records.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on playing chess.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on cooking.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on growing flowers.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on watching birds.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on drawing pictures.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on taking photos.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on wearing clothes.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on decorating your home.
i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on making money.

all these silly people in the world... why do they waste so much time with frivolous, unimportant activities? why can't they be like me, and spend time doing something useful or interesting?

i am in the position to judge others because obviously MY passion/obsession/area of interest is IMPORTANT while other people's are STUPID.

Last edited:

slowtrain

Or maybe everyone is just kinda silly/funny?

I'd probably agree with that sentiment (to some extent)

zhao

there are no accidents
Or maybe everyone is just kinda silly/funny?

exactly. people into The Game are not any more or less silly than people who are into the stock market or programing beats (all of whom in all likelihood either conscously or subconsciously do it to get laid anyway).

i dunno. a few psychologists (like that silly Austrian dude), would place libidinal drive at the underlying center of motivation for most human activities besides survival. so if you buy that to any extent, these Players are actually just more honest about it, and instead of going at it in round about ways, tackling the thing itself head on.

anyhow, does anyone think this "comelately" might be an alias of one of the regular posters? only because he started posting here when the last conversation about this started, was MIA for 2 years, and then came back within a few hours of this new conversation on the same topic starting. :slanted:

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
or realistic. ;)

btw, love the seemingly thoughtful, casual yet clearly passive-aggressive response to everything, is that one of the techniques that drives the chicks wild? i genuinely don't care in the least what you get up to. go crazy, have fun, more power to you. i just find it funny that so much time, effort, discussion, practice, training and importance is placed on getting laid.

I agree that the training aspect seems deeply weird, and I'm sure is pretty much about extracting money from suckers, but you're surprised about time, effort, discussion and importance being put into sex and relationships?! Come off it!

DannyL

Wild Horses
or realistic. ;)

I think the weirdest (?) thing about it is that some of it does work. Or can be made to work at least, by the right person. There's a deeply strange clip on Youtube taking from one of Louis Theoreux's programmes, of a guy called Ross Jefferies (mentioned in The Game - and not an attractive man) employing the techniques on a pretty young air hostess, and it seems to work absolutely fine for him, much to Louie's incredulity. He then gives it a go himself and is completely bemused and baffled when he eventually gets a girl's number. There's a core of truth to the techniques, I think. Whether it's ethical, misogynistic, morally repugnant or whatever is a different kettle of smooth-talking fish.

Leo

all these silly people in the world... why do they waste so much time with frivolous, unimportant activities? why can't they be like me, and spend time doing something useful or interesting?

i am in the position to judge others because obviously MY passion/obsession/area of interest is IMPORTANT while other people's are STUPID.

oy vey! reading a little much into my comment, i think.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I think the weirdest (?) thing about it is that some of it does work. Or can be made to work at least, by the right person. There's a deeply strange clip on Youtube taking from one of Louis Theoreux's programmes, of a guy called Ross Jefferies (mentioned in The Game - and not an attractive man) employing the techniques on a pretty young air hostess, and it seems to work absolutely fine for him, much to Louie's incredulity."
You showed me that clip, I don't think that Ross Jefferies is as ugly as everyone says.