stelfox

Beast of Burden
last night i had the oddest dream. walking down lower clapton road i saw a heron riding one of those fold-up shopping bikes with the little wheels. gotta get a picture of this for luka, i thought, so i chased it down the road with my phone-cam, but every time i got it in focus thru the camera's sights it was a man, not thru the camera it was always a heron. this went on for a bit, with me getting more and more out of breath as i chased it. i stopped and then the bike clattered down on the road and the heron flew away. what the fuck was that all about?

A quick search reveals the meaning of your dream: 'Heron:
You can expect some losses, but you will regain them and more if you dreamed of these exotic birds.'

Which is to say.....precisely nothing! And whether they are exotic or not depends on your geographical location, surely - I doubt they would be symbolic if you lived next to Slimbridge or whatever that bird sanctury place is called.

Was it a variation on the fish/bicycle ting? Perhaps something to do with women...in a convoluted way...?

Probably dreaming of Hackney is more symbolic. Ah, Hackney....city of dreams.

mms

sometimes
there is a scientific theory that dreams are just the side affects of overnight repairs on specific networks in the brain whilst sleeping, but it's a bit miserable to think that's all they are really.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
oh i'm not entirely sure it was "about" anything much. i don't really believe in that dream analysis hokum, anyway. but it was strange. i certainly don't dream about animals/birds doing human stuff very often. it was just a particularly odd dream and all a bit ghetto wind in the willows - y'know, anthropomorphism 'n' tha hood.

nick.K

gabba survivor
yes, I don't like to know what dreams mean. there was a time a few years back when I'd write them down as soon as I woke up, or even in the dark with my eyes closed but then the scenes would start turning up in my writing, or paralleled in real life. had to stop because I couldn't be sure if I was reading them into my life or visaversa.

martin

----
stelfox said:
last night i had the oddest dream. walking down lower clapton road i saw a heron riding one of those fold-up shopping bikes with the little wheels. gotta get a picture of this for luka, i thought, so i chased it down the road with my phone-cam, but every time i got it in focus thru the camera's sights it was a man, not thru the camera it was always a heron. this went on for a bit, with me getting more and more out of breath as i chased it. i stopped and then the bike clattered down on the road and the heron flew away. what the fuck was that all about?

The heron represents blogging in theory - the desire to let one's thoughts spill forth online
The camera represents blogging in practice - the physical act of typing
WHEN you try to put theory into practice, the desire eludes you - it becomes MAN
Which represents your physical desires
At the moment, eating, drinking, human conversation, sex and contact are what are important to you
The writing currently eludes you, and this leaves you frustrated in a Wyle E Coyote sort of way

The fold-up bike is a symbol of good nature, and blogging will snatch it away from you

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i have always associated this kind of fold-up bike with naturists and perverts, though

folding.gif

Last edited:

martin

----
Oh, was it one of THOSE sorts. That scuppers the whole dream - I'm afraid this means you're due an extortionate gas bill

B

be.jazz

mms said:
there is a scientific theory that dreams are just the side affects of overnight repairs on specific networks in the brain whilst sleeping, but it's a bit miserable to think that's all they are really.
Why miserable? It sounds cool to me.

Triple-M

There are all sorts of websites that will analyse that for you; just Google it.
Caveat: Some of them will be run by shysters trying to sell you dodgy self-help books.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i was in a research facility. not the scary kind, i was there voluntarily. i had signed up for some sort of study. all i had to do was take a pill and wish for anything (anything!) that i wanted to be, and i would transform into that. so i decided to be a socket wrench and instantly i changed into a socket wrench. i just laid there, couldn’t move, speak or talk, was just a socket wrench. i woke up shortly thereafter wondering why of all the things i could’ve wished for i chose to be a socket wrench.

1460106223358895.jpg :(

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i was in a research facility. not the scary kind, i was there voluntarily. i had signed up for some sort of study. all i had to do was take a pill and wish for anything (anything!) that i wanted to be, and i would transform into that. so i decided to be a socket wrench and instantly i changed into a socket wrench. i just laid there, couldn’t move, speak or talk, was just a socket wrench. i woke up shortly thereafter wondering why of all the things i could’ve wished for i chose to be a socket wrench.

View attachment 692 :(

Sounds like you're turning nuts, m8.

Leo

dreamt last night that I was in a small store (like a bodega) when it got robbed. the only people there were me, the store clerk/owner (older guy) and an old woman. a guy wearing a ski mask opened the door and tossed what looked like a small aerosol can in, as if it was going to go off like a tear gas canister. but nothing happened, so the guy and accomplice come in, one of them with a small handgun in hand. while they were busy getting cash from the register, I quickly and discreetly took my cash out of my wallet, put it in my pocket and tossed the wallet behind some canned veg on the shelf, thinking that if they demand my money I'd give them the cash and say I don't have a wallet (thus allowing me to retrieve my driver's license and credit cards once they leave). I don't think anyone got hurt, the dream just set of ended.

weird...on one hand it was alarming but (in my dream) I also felt happy about thinking quickly and acting to retain the contents of my wallet, since cash is much more easily replaced than than cards and a license. and it never crossed my mind to try and play the hero, fight back, etc. I was just "hey, no problem, here you go!" (as I'd probably do in real life).

entertainment

dreamt last night that I was in a small store (like a bodega) when it got robbed. the only people there were me, the store clerk/owner (older guy) and an old woman. a guy wearing a ski mask opened the door and tossed what looked like a small aerosol can in, as if it was going to go off like a tear gas canister. but nothing happened, so the guy and accomplice come in, one of them with a small handgun in hand. while they were busy getting cash from the register, I quickly and discreetly took my cash out of my wallet, put it in my pocket and tossed the wallet behind some canned veg on the shelf, thinking that if they demand my money I'd give them the cash and say I don't have a wallet (thus allowing me to retrieve my driver's license and credit cards once they leave). I don't think anyone got hurt, the dream just set of ended.

weird...on one hand it was alarming but (in my dream) I also felt happy about thinking quickly and acting to retain the contents of my wallet, since cash is much more easily replaced than than cards and a license. and it never crossed my mind to try and play the hero, fight back, etc. I was just "hey, no problem, here you go!" (as I'd probably do in real life).

You're quite coherent in your dreams. Mine are like abstract expressionism.

Althought last night, there was a pretty coherent one where I suddenly realized that I had killed a kid with my car. The dream was about something else but then I had the realization and it was like snapping out of denial and suddenly I was thinking about killng myself and had to call my mum who just yelled at me.

Leo

most of my dreams aren't that detailed...and in fact, even for that one it's more flashes of a few scenes which my mind uses to string together a narrative.

I actually kind of enjoy a reoccurring anxiety dream about being a month or so into the semester in either high school or college when I realize I never wrote down my class schedule -- just imagined I'd remember it -- and suddenly realize I've forgotten to go to one particular class at all. I can't remember where the class is held, and even if I knew it was probably too late to catch up.

this dream used to trouble me but it's now like an old friend returning for a visit. maybe it's because I know subconsciously that one class makes no difference in the grand scheme of life, so it's no longer alarming.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Do you also dream that you've turned up to your arithmetic exam and have forgotten both your quill and abacus?

What about lucid dreams? Had those?

I have. Last one I was watching some presentation in a girls school near where I grew up. Somehow I clocked it was a dream and then got up, laughing in peoples faces, i pushed people out of the way and jumped out of the window... and then flew across the school grounds over my street and then down the road where I live, night time, everything in perfect pristine HD birdseye view, very real, very vivid. I got to my old school and then walked around it in the dark, a very calming nostalgic experience. Then I decided i'd like to fuck my old french teacher in a cupboard and did so, then I woke up.