Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: rolling tv thread

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Too Old to Die Young review - Nicolas Winding Refn's dead-eyed LA nightmare - https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...d-la-nightmare
    Nice one, I found that now. A week or two back though I couldn't find out much. I can't wait until 14th June now.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    ever since watching Silver Lake, a whole series of precisely that made by one of my favourite directors is just too good.
    what show is this? googled the name but what I found didn't seem to match up with your description.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    what show is this? googled the name but what I found didn't seem to match up with your description.
    Yeah I wasn't clear maybe, I meant the film Under The Silver Lake... I'm saying that the Refn thing seems like a series of more of the same but possibly it sounded like I was talking about the film.

Under the Silver Lake is a 2018 American neo-noir mystery film written, produced and directed by David Robert Mitchell. Set in Los Angeles, it follows a young man (Andrew Garfield) who sets out on a quest to investigate the sudden disappearance of his neighbour (Riley Keough), only to stumble upon an elusive and dangerous large-scale conspiracy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Leo

Just now been watching the US tv show What We Do In The Shadows, it's a kinda spin-off of the NZ film of the same name, one of the few funny films of the last few years. The series (with Matt Berry and loads of British actors) is not as good as the film - just not quite as sharp somehow - but it creates quite a satisfying world of vampires in NY and has its moments. Wellington Paranormal which is another spin-off from the same film is a lot better though, that really is fucking funny.

Twin Peaks with my sister and brother in law. First time they've seen it. I forgot how much filler there is. The bits about the mill business are dull. I wanted it to get to the red room already. So my brother in law got bored of it (kept falling asleep) and suggested we watch The Virtues (Shane Meadows thing) instead. It's as I expected two episodes in. Kitchen sink stuff. Though will be watching it throughout. Glad to hear about the new Refn thing as it will give me something I wanna watch with them.