version

I keep meaning to watch The Deuce then forgetting about it. I have a habit of starting shows, enjoying them then dropping off for whatever reason but not starting anything until I finish them so I just end up on episode three or whatever for months.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Two episodes into series 3 of True Detective. Looks pretty good so far, much better than the second series, anyway. Suitably bleak and with a hint of the weird but none of the outright occult stuff from the first series (yet).

catalog

I keep meaning to watch The Deuce then forgetting about it. I have a habit of starting shows, enjoying them then dropping off for whatever reason but not starting anything until I finish them so I just end up on episode three or whatever for months.

It's ok, not the wire by any stretch, but fairly enjoyable nonetheless. This 3rd series is the best so far.

catalog

Two episodes into series 3 of True Detective. Looks pretty good so far, much better than the second series, anyway. Suitably bleak and with a hint of the weird but none of the outright occult stuff from the first series (yet).

Might check this out!

version

S1 was brilliant, S2 was appalling, S3 is much better than the second, but some way off the first.

catalog

Did you watch season 1? I loved it. Watched two episodes of the second series and it just looked like a boring mess.

Yeah, really enjoyed S1. All about that mconaghey performance. Think we watched 1 episode of S2 and canned it.

Leo

S1 was one of my favorite all-time TV experiences but I felt let down by the conclusion. all the previous episodes were so fucked up and intense, and then the ending was pretty formulaic crime drama "chase/catch the villain and kill him". I still love it more than pretty much any other TV series, just wish the ending had been as fucked up and intense as the rest of it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
S1 was one of my favorite all-time TV experiences but I felt let down by the conclusion. all the previous episodes were so fucked up and intense, and then the ending was pretty formulaic crime drama "chase/catch the villain and kill him". I still love it more than pretty much any other TV series, just wish the ending had been as fucked up and intense as the rest of it.

What did you think of Twin Peaks: The Return?

Leo

What did you think of Twin Peaks: The Return?

haven't seen it. after watching and loving the original "TP" on TV, I feel like it might spoil it to see the revival, even though I've heard it's pretty dang fucked up.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
haven't seen it. after watching and loving the original "TP" on TV, I feel like it might spoil it to see the revival, even though I've heard it's pretty dang fucked up.

It's great but it's sloooooow. But seriously great. Well worth watching, but don't expect anything as cheesy or conventional as closure at the end.

Leo

It's a miracle they managed to get it on TV.

but it was created by/on showtime, a premium cable network. it's a lot easier to get weird shit on there than on network TV, which is what the original TP was on.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
but it was created by/on showtime, a premium cable network. it's a lot easier to get weird shit on there than on network TV, which is what the original TP was on.

Plus its David Lynch and people were gagging for it. Probably wasn't too hard.

version

I guess, but he still had to get the cast back together, several of whom were dying at the time, and I can't picture any suit who got a look at it feeling particularly confident.

Leo

I guess, but he still had to get the cast back together, several of whom were dying at the time, and I can't picture any suit who got a look at it feeling particularly confident.

yeah, tough to pull off when there's an ensemble cast like they had in the original. it's not like they could just hire other actors to play those reprised roles.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Pretty much every actor who worked on the orig TP said it was the best thing they ever did. I'd imagine they were only too happy to do it. On the cusp of kicking the bucket or not.

There were only a few who actively refused to do it iirc. One was Harry Truman