recordings you have now or have had on repeat

zhao

there are no accidents
seems in this A.D.D. age of skipping through wave forms and files in a matter of seconds, it is a rare occurrence to play the same recording over and over in one sitting.

i personally sometimes decide against this practice even if i want to, because, you know, the pile of stuff i need to get through is not growing any smaller!

and on a maybe slightly or massively sexist note, in my experience it seems like girls listen to things repeatedly more - no doubt more attuned and connected to themselves compared to the voracious and blind information consumption of males. (and if that clarification didn't work, i'm wearing protective head gear so go ahead with the flying bricks)

so lets have them, recent ones or ones from the past, as well as theories and anecdotes whatever.

for me right now:

John Fahey's last album - Red Cross
Steve Lacy - The Window
Steve Lacy - The Holy La
Steve Lacy - Remains
bankolo miziki Vol. 1 & 2

in the past:

toumani diabate - Mande Variations
Taku Sugimoto / Kevin Drumm - Den
Scelsi - Complete Music for Clarinette
Takemitsu: I Hear the Water Dreaming
The Necks - Hanging Gardens
Cornelius Cardew - treatise
Oval - Systemische
Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio
etc...

zhao

there are no accidents
and there must be people who don't or have not done this in a mad long time. speak up: why not?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Sideline: what would be the track on repeat guaranteed to drive you completely, homicidally insane in the shortest amount of time? So many to choose from.

Numbers

Recent:

- Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D major.
- Dvoráks Symphony No. 9

I used to listen to all my music on repeat for days. Nowadays I support only classical music on repeat. I dont' know why; the rest just makes me nervous after a while.

Maybe the reason is just numerical.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'm a total girl, and I love listening to tracks on repeat, climbing in and out of each moment for days. It makes me sad men can't do it, same as with multiple orgasms.

Last week it was Ras Kass, Remain Anonymous :

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

both the vocal and instrumental version
and the week before it was Sunz Of Man : Five Arch Angels

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

just the instrumental version though.

Last edited:

PeteUM

It's all grist
and there must be people who don't or have not done this in a mad long time. speak up: why not?

Yeah I haven't done this for a mad long time but I remember moving into a new place a mad long time ago and listening to the album this song is from on repeat:

the only thing i've listened to on repeat in about 8 months is this song

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

it happens about once every fortnight and then gets played on a loop for ages.

Ory

warp drive
recently, Scott Walker - Scott 4

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

brilliant

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, I often play this on repeat:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

how can 2 minutes be so transcendent?

gnome

after seeing 30th Century Man (the Scott Walker doc) I alternated between listening to "Boy Child" and "The Electrician" non stop for about two days