Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why is there no wikileaks thread?

This Russia stuff makes me fear for Assange.

^ an older, european phil and grant

Quote Originally Posted by deadtrax View Post
    what, not even seafood noodle soup? you prefer HEINZ to that???? i think we need a soup thread.
    there's something about their base level tomato that gets quite sickly after a while. its also as MOR as it gets - the dire straits of the cheap tinned soup world.

i'm also quite partial to a heinz chilli bean soup.

//derailment//

Yeah, it's not surprising stuff in the main but the point is that it confirms a load of stuff that everyone knows and that the powers-that-be constantly deny (well I guess no-one denies that Prince Andrew is anything but a total moron but you know what I mean) with bland, non-specific denials. This confirmation is a good thing. And if it pisses off a load of wankers so much the better.

Assange has got to have balls of steel. He is without doubt the world's greatest living Australian.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Assange has got to have balls of steel. He is without doubt the world's greatest living Australian.
    Fittingly he's now a criminal too.

Now, now...

i understand that in these diplomatic "cables" there is a need to speak in a quick and witty shorthand to get yr point across easily, but today when reading the paper on my dinner break, i noticed the following:

putin and medvedev are like "batman and robin"

now, i flip the newspaper like 2 pages and come across this:

"canada feels like batman to the USA's robin"...

what is up w/ these repeated batman and robin references? are the embassies staffed w/ comic book nerds? if so, could we get some hipper references? maybe a "Magneto to the USA's Dr Doom"?

Last edited by petergunn; 03-12-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BareBones View Post
    ^ an older, european phil and grant

unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUM View Post
    Yeah, I want this thread!
    You got a mention in the Observer last week. I was like 'oh wow I know him, he looks like Phil Collins', until I realised that I didn't, and you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bandshell View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...ange-wikileaks

"Mr Assange,
    have there ever been documents forwarded to you which deal with the topic of UFOs or extraterrestrials?"

"...it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs."
    this'll probably be to do with gary mckinnon don't you think?

not necessarily et related but i have wondered if wikileaks have something quite dramatic they've been sitting on. something that would boost the courage and conviction needed to put themselves in the position they're in, or work as insurance. it takes some cajones.

has assange been so public because it's safer? the old way would have been to leak the sensitive stuff anonymously.
    Last edited by massrock; 03-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Excellent CounterPunch piece by Alexander Cockburn on JA.

Years ago Rebecca West wrote in her novel The Thinking Reed of a British diplomat who, "even when he was peering down a woman's dress at her breasts managed to look as though he was thinking about India." In the updated version, given Hillary Clinton's orders to the State Department, the US envoy, pretending to admire the figure of the charming French cultural attaché, would actually be thinking how to steal her credit card information, obtain a retinal scan, her email passwords and frequent flier number.

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn12032010.html

If you don`t already, it's worth reading AC's diary piece every week. The columns are published on the US Counterpunch site on Fridays. Thanks very much!
    Last edited by stevied; 04-12-2010 at 05:08 AM.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/col...e_wikileaks-0/

Of course, I do not know if Assange committed the crime he is accused of. I do know that to the American legal "system" the truth is irrelevant. The minute Assange revealed the extent of America's criminality and cover-ups to the world, he became a marked man. And America is going to do anything it can to silence him.

^

How much rent is batman getting I wonder

The Assange Assassination squad (can I be the first to call it AssAss?) is turning up in unexpected places...