Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why is there no wikileaks thread?

Default why is there no wikileaks thread?

is everyone too saturated w/ this to have a dissenian opinion?

it's on the the front page every day here in nyc...

oh yeah i was gonna do this today

the dissensus opinion is troublemakers and shit stirrers are good in themselves. inherently good and holy. pissing off powerful people is good and holy.

At the moment I'm more shocked by the reaction than the content.

Death penalty, treason, drones...

That raging misfiring death star Palin comparing Assange to bin Laden.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    the dissensus opinion is troublemakers and shit stirrers are good in themselves. inherently good and holy. pissing off powerful people is good and holy.
    BUT WHAT ABOUT "STATECRAFT"???

i dunno, is it like world of warcraft?

I touched on it in ye olde War In Iran thread yesterday...I dunno, apart from the sheer volume of stuff that's come out, it doesn't seem all that surprising. It's easy to see why conservative figures in the US are pissed off with all of their country's dirty laundry over the last few years being aired around the world.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 02-12-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

thats the standard too cool for school response tea. i think its the wrong response. the proper response is glee.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm full of glee as well!

Just because something isn't surprising, doesn't mean it can't make you smile. And anything that makes Sarah Palin howl with indignation can only do that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

oh well good we're in agreement, i even thought of a soup i like. i like rasam. i love it. in fact any soup without food inside i dont mind. heinz tomato soup for instance. but if there's food in i dont like it.

I think the others all are too busy twittering about the student demos.

But yeah, it's been the best thing on the internet in ages - first thing to persuade me to bookmark the Guardian site anyway, just to watch the updates as they come. Though I agree with Tea - there's nothing in there to cause outrage/hilarity, like drunken comments about "cutting Israel loose", Clinton making racist remarks about Obama or confirmation of specific assassinations - yet. But it's been good fun anyway.

The Assange rape charges confuse me though. If they're nothing more than an attempt to discredit the bloke, surely Interpol must realise how retardedly blatant they look to everyone else?

oh well good we're in agreement, i even thought of a soup i like. i like rasam. i love it. in fact any soup without food inside i dont mind. heinz tomato soup for instance. but if there's food in i dont like it.
    what, not even seafood noodle soup? you prefer HEINZ to that???? i think we need a soup thread.

'Thread: why is there no soup thread?'

oh yeah i was gonna do this today
    Yeah, I want this thread!

Uh, and a soup thread.