Essentials: do you rate them?

ambrose

big tunes are

get over it
last night
headquarters

bascially, the first 5 tracks off "stop the deck" are big big tunes

maybe they would be nothing without davinche, but who cares? davinche is making tunes for em, and i like the mcing, even though it is sort of featureless, i think thats why i like it. ive asked it before, but whos the girl who appears on some essentials tunes? i dont rememeber her on practice hrs or whatever

ambrose said:
ive asked it before, but whos the girl who appears on some essentials tunes? i dont rememeber her on practice hrs or whatever

I think it could be Katie Pearl - now this girl can sing. I hope they don't give her Ashanti type material infused with garage for her LP.....

DJ Lioness

He may also be on about Shortness, who featured on ealier Essentials material. She has left and is now in an all female collective.

Plasticman

I rate Essentials - good bunch of people all working very hard too.

They don't sit back and wait for results unlike many other crews out there

owen

i have an essentials tape somewhere with a girl mc on who was fantastic

obviously i like them lots, them being the only people resisting the north of the river hegemony

what is 'stop the deck'? does this mean they have a mixtape out?

ambrose

yeh im thinking of shortness i think

ive seen her on one video, an old one, but havent seen any mention of her or anything since but shes pretty good

stop the deck is a mixtape of theirs

its about 1/3 good

but worthing checking out
never saw it in the shops though, i just got it off slsk

luka

i have an essentials tape somewhere with a girl mc on who was fantastic

obviously i like them lots, them being the only people resisting the north of the river hegemony

what is 'stop the deck'? does this mean they have a mixtape out?

Owen Hatherley has an Essentials tape. Curious.

Public Demand Vol 1. Was a site called Deadstock Grime briefly, someone got hold of a load of old CDs and DVDs. Don't know how many got made but I'd never ever saw it before, so not many surely. It's not bad but does have 36 tracks.
https://www.discogs.com/Essentials-2-Presents-Remerdee-Public-Demand-Vol-1/release/4746481

I think there were four Essentials tapes including this one. Heating Vol 1 & 2, Stop The Deck, Public Demand. Anything else?

Last edited: