Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancehall

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    What is a good place to stay updated on Dancehall? I need to know when things like this are happening.

that riddim is fire!

..I've been wanting to find the same thing, I mostly just use the big youtube channels like krish genius when im trying to catchup on dancehall or just feeling in the mood but it feels very impersonal. following people on facebook is ok aswell, still havnt come across any good online radio stations streaming from JA,. used to listen to Ujima when I lived in bristol.

Mediazempire is the big source for downloading but alot of good stuff doesnt get put up & I lose patience trawling through stuff on there.

matrinique destroying any fast chat attempts in JA at the mo.

kinda grimey

love that tune, Vegas has come back with all guns blazing the past year or so, really nice to see.

Rest in piece Wayne Smith http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...-Smith-is-dead

most wheeled tune in history

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionfive View Post
    Rest in piece Wayne Smith http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...-Smith-is-dead

most wheeled tune in history
    It's amazing how much legendary music emerged both directly or inadvertently from such a ramshackle thing. Legend.

Yeah "revolutionised reggae" is an understatement, to say the least.

best dancehall album ive heard in years

Love the voice of this guy:

And the heaviness of this beat/rhythm:

This is dragging me thru winter at the moment. Love this riddim and a pretty all-star line up singing over it as well!

forget about Gully Bop and his one flow?

https://soundcloud.com/lyric-dvd/lyr...anga-gut-dub-1

so we're what, 3 years into a couple new vybz kartel tracks a week? at what point do the mathematics work out such that he has to be voicemailing in tracks from prison having burned through tracks that could have been stockpiled "up to the crime". and isnt that a weird catchphrase? temporal origins - are they up to the time, or merely up to the crime?

is dancehall suffering due to everyone having to vocal B-grade stuff that was passed on in 2007 for fresher tunes? or, are new riddims being invented around vocals he originally recorded over different riddims? are both the riddims and vocals new? i know it doestn matter if theyre good but most of them dont really seem to be top notch so im going with gut-instincts that there's not a lot of mp3/voicemailing from prison going on?

edit.. whatever.