Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Day Trips from London

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    it was a blazing 30/90-degree day on sunday afternoon and the car park roof, without a spec of shade, is packed with hipsters drinking and presumably getting sunstroke. you guys are fucking weird. luv ya!

Huh, I thought it common knowledge that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

(glad you had a great time!)
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Leo

your friend definitely showed you London hipsterdom in all its glory - good tourguiding!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    your friend definitely showed you London hipsterdom in all its glory - good tourguiding!
    funny, it's an identikit culture at this point. if i were blindfolded and dropped onto that car park roof, i wouldn't know if i was in williamsburg/bushwick brooklyn or portland or seattle or austin or asheville or (presumably) berlin or lisbon...

Internet erased geography as well as genre, for a certain class of person. Boring innit

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    funny, it's an identikit culture at this point. if i were blindfolded and dropped onto that car park roof, i wouldn't know if i was in williamsburg/bushwick brooklyn or portland or seattle or austin or asheville or (presumably) berlin or lisbon...
    Ha, reminds me of the (admittedly delicious) locally brewed ultra-hoppy IPA I enjoyed in Jordan a year and a half ago, which tasted just like the beer they had on tap in the country club I stayed in while on a work trip to San Diego four years ago, which in turn is identical to the beers you started seeing in trendy bars and off licences in London and Bristol and Edinburgh over the last half-decade, and since then in big supermarkets all over the country, and presumably the world...what was once a subculture based on individuality has become a superculture notable for its homogeneity. And yeah, it is a bit boring.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you