Adverts which do your head in

martin

----
I looked on BoobTube to see if I could find the Barratts Home advert with the helicopter. I couldn't. It won't mean anything to you if you were born after 1988, but man, if you missed that...

martin

----
What's the ad with the ugly French tart going 'Cezanne!' and the bedwetter with the 1990s rom-com haircut replying '...Bobby Robson' and waving a little plastic union flag? Those two need(ed) a (real life) kicking.

D

droid

I dont even see ads anymore. I just turn the TV off or over when they come on. I filled in a consumer survey recently (for money) full of questions like "which ads do you notice most - bus shelters/billboards/TV etc... with reams of follow up questions. I just had to answer no to everything. No doubt Ill end up in the dangerous misanthrope pile.

Im enjoying it while it lasts though. Itll be like PKD soon, theyll be plastering themselves on your windscreen and sneaking in through the air conditioner as you descend from orbit in your flying space car.

you

anyone seen that citroen ad with all the 'edgy' shit? 2 issues here:

1 - Why would the demographic for a small, affordable car require 'edgy'
2 - Why would some sparks and Henry and Von-Tesse actually convince someone it's cool enough to invest in, last time I checked it wasn't 1920.

ALSO

There is a blossoming trend for knowingly annoying/self referential ads..... there's that bouncy castle one with Stephen Merchant rabbiting on about health'n'safety and acknowledging metaphors and theres that uber annoying bank ad with some bloke wearing wings and a cricket jumper talking about the imagined space....

I actually quite liked the BT pregnancy saga adverts, I admired the ambition....

you

different type of doing my head in but I'm starting to develop a pretty crippling crush on the sweet lady at the end of this ad

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
different type of doing my head in but I'm starting to develop a pretty crippling crush on the sweet lady at the end of this ad

^ Fully justified.

Apart from the fact that they have some faily fit women in them occasionally I cannot stand those fucking awful pretentious Lavazza adverts that are all over the tube right now.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I mean, seriously:

Lavazza-Nessun-Dorma-Georgia-Frost.jpg