Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Dissensus Raw Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Another refixed older tune.

giphy.gif

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

OK that's enough for now I reckon, lol.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

first thing i made in months, a bit schizophrenic unfortunately

that flute in the beginning actually annoys me but i can't be bothered to change

i tried making something a industrial or techno but as always turned into something else i guess

another new one

not sure if anyone listens i'll just keep going anyway

https://soundcloud.com/ghost_kwini/kameel-ed-v/s-LTJa9

I listen!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

alright! let me know if it is shit or good, edited the last one a tiny bit:

It's funny, I was going to say "How do you get that weird effect where they all sound like they're recorded underwater?" - then I listened to them again but on a PC and realized it's just the shitty audio codec on my cheap Sony phone, lol.

Well I stand by what I said to you a few years ago about being reminded of the 'Akira' soundtrack, really, in that I'm still getting a vibe that reminds me, distantly, of Geinoh Yamoshirogumi (I think I deserve a prize for typing that from memory), which is no bad thing. Kind of soundtrack-y, although maybe I'm just thinking that because of the videos that go with most of them. They're very atmospheric and have a cool palette of sounds. I can't say they make me want to dance but I guess that's not really the kind of music you're going for anyway?

What's your setup, out of interest?
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 19-09-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    It's funny, I was going to say "How do you get that weird effect where they all sound like they're recorded underwater?" - then I listened to the again but on a PC and realized it's just the shitty audio codec on my cheap Sony phone, lol.

Well I stand by what I said to you a few years ago about reminded of the 'Akira' soundtrack, really, in that I'm still getting a vibe that reminds me, distantly, of Geinoh Yamoshirogumi (I think I deserve a prize for typing that from memory), which is no bad thing. Kind of soundtrack-y, although maybe I'm just thinking that because of the videos that go with most of them. They're very atmospheric and have a cool palette of sounds. I can't say they make me want to dance but I guess that's not really the kind of music you're going for anyway?

What's your setup, out of interest?
    i see what you mean yes. i would like to make my music a bit more suitable for the dancefloor but i don't seem to have the patience for it and i find it far more fun to create sounds. it is something that i'm trying to tho because i would like a bit more people to hear my music and i feel the only way to do so is to make it more straightforward. thank you for your short feedback, i take it as a compliment! just last night i was trying to make something new and realized later it would fit perfectly to a dark gaspar noŽ type of movie. despair, fear and paranoia. i only use ableton along with a few external plugins and i actually don't know that much about mixing down so it actually could be that everything sounds a bit like it's recorded underwater.

Yeah I used Ableton too. I feel like I shouldn't be relying so heavily on the drum and synth programs you get with it, though. The heavy dread-y synths at the start of your first KAMEEL ED tune are really cool - are they from a plug-in too?

My only real instrument is a bass guitar, if you don't count the solder-it-yourself toy micro-moog I bought last year.