Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Dissensus Raw Productions

i mostly use izotope iris and chromaphone. the synths you mention are a preset in izotope iris, i can look up which one if you want.

now working on this, a bit dubsteppy maybe? i don't know

https://soundcloud.com/ghost_kwini/kameel-ed-v-cliff/s-mxheO

@yyaldrin i like the aesthetic of yr channel generally. bit of a b0dyg0d/pollyjacobsen/sunsetcorp thing going (peripherally). that general era of 'chillwave-continuum visuals youtube'

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    @yyaldrin i like the aesthetic of yr channel generally. bit of a b0dyg0d/pollyjacobsen/sunsetcorp thing going (peripherally). that general era of 'chillwave-continuum visuals youtube'
    Yes. You worked it out by yourself. This is the best way to proceed. Give other people attention and make them feel seen and understood and in theory they will feel obliged to reciprocate.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to other_life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    yo this footage is sampled from the red spectacles, yeah? or something different i'm not familiar with?
    commenting on the actual music i like these tunes fine, instrumental grime/dubstep but like... i like the synth sounds way better than the drums? the drums feel loose, stumbling, clunky. slow attack on the individual hits, sound like they come from all different sample packs. maybe not treated enough w effects and too 'out of the box' sounding?
    if that's an intentional aesthetic choice (i can see that and the appeal of it) then ignore me :shrug: but

listen to how much is filtered out and boosted up w eq on these drum hits, and it's a pretty limited set of individual hits as well? really works for this track imo

https://soundcloud.com/ghost_kwini/kameel-ed-i-healing
    this one GOES though. really tight, concentrated burst, the drums on *this* one have that kinda quality i'm getting at

bomb blow up everybody gay.

mr tea: everything on yr soundcloud is SO GOD DAMN LOUD
    barty: very very partial to this sort of balance of breaks and more traditionally 'techno' textures/tropes. rather than getting into the Quantised Punter-Step No U Turn zone it's like the swing/funk of the breaks is anchored by the machine kicks. the interplay of synth rhythms on 350 is sssnakeyyy. curious what yr favorite records are that do this sort of thing? out of all the records i linked i think u'd find something to enjoy in 'return to luxury'
    yyaldrin: gonna listen to more of yr back catalogue today bc like i said the general aesthetic of yr project is very interesting, very resonant

we should try to do what hipinion does/did and slowly work out a microgenre together off of some kind of Proposition, starting with imagery moving on to mixes of hypothetical 'these tracks within a whole array of genres are also This Idea/This Feeling' and *then* original productions

but perhaps in the 2020's there's no energy for that kind of bullshit anymore, 'outsiders' have seen it done and recognise it now?

oh shit this thread had a specific Thing it was aiming at huh :flustered:
    7fa45eb92000533ff05af665804e9204.jpg
    me.
    Last edited by other_life; 20-01-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    bomb blow up everybody gay.

mr tea: everything on yr soundcloud is SO GOD DAMN LOUD
    Ha, you got me there. My take is that I'd rather have something that you need to turn down a little to listen to comfortably, than something that sounds weedy so you have to crank up your volume all the way. Cheers for listening though!

Edit: your stuff sounds like it'd be perfect for drifting off to when you've got back from the club, still residually high, close the curtains as the sun's coming up, cup of tea/spliff/xanax, you know the drill...

I like the Mixtec jade mask you've used on your Bandcamp page too.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 20-01-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Default just up:

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i've been struggling w trying to make my mixes less weedy, that's such a good word for it. interesting perspective
    and also wanting to move away from the feeling yr describing into more IMMEDIATE RAW ZONES in the coming decade. bc electronic music now is *so god damn saturated* by that kind of, post 'artificial intelligence' thing. what i'm doing doesn't really have any competitive edge in that sense?