Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissensus Raw Productions

knowing now what this thread was specifically aiming at (BOTHERING TO LOOK AT THE FIRST POST) i can appreciate what yr going for better ( : the rhythm of what u just posted has kind of an andy stott thing going for it. and yeah it's still techno at 100 bpm
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It says bless the lads and it means bless the lads.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    i don't know, probably some marxist cultural theory or something
    https://manifestacionesoterica.bandcamp.com/

from the thread i tried starting, what i've been workin on for the 2020's:
    "and this vocal record that's yet to be released https://hostb.org/FV5 (first time i've had vocals on a record in ~7 years!)

then this is what i'm working on rn for next year https://hostb.org/EF8 [this is really the Link]
    (includes a folder of imagery guiding the record) (would recommend listening in ascending order of length)
    if you could take half the songs off this record which ones would they be, and (if u feel like saying) why?"

Hey other_life, I downloaded your two albums the other day and listened to We Lost The Plot a couple of times at work today.

General impressions: great atmospherics! I'd say my two favourite pieces are the two dubby/d'n'b-ish ones, Crisis Is Here and Swarmmachine. They both pleasantly remind me of older Aphex without sounding derivative of him. The droney guitars on Xenolith are lovely too. The two long, entirely ambient tracks didn't hold my attention so well, but I think they'd be great to listen to while drifting off to sleep.

Respect for keeping them as .wav files! I confess that I converted them to mp3s to put on my music player (but with the sample rate and bit depth turned up to max, don't worry ). BTW it's a good idea to put track numbers in the filenames, because without them my player just puts them in alphabetical order and any effect you were going for in terms of album flow is lost.

I'll listen to the other one next week. Good work!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

More cold-electronics-with-a-dose-of-funk, this time with more of an EBM sound than techno.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 07-04-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i have no idea what i want in terms of album flow tbh
    feeling the drone pieces (other than xenolith) might belong on a separate record
    i keep stuff as wav out of habit bc it's what bandcamp asks for :shrug:

Is that you singing on 'Excavate'?

its me on all dem tracks

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    its me on all dem tracks
    You've got a good voice but I can barely hear you!

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    yo this footage is sampled from the red spectacles, yeah? or something different i'm not familiar with?
    commenting on the actual music i like these tunes fine, instrumental grime/dubstep but like... i like the synth sounds way better than the drums? the drums feel loose, stumbling, clunky. slow attack on the individual hits, sound like they come from all different sample packs. maybe not treated enough w effects and too 'out of the box' sounding?
    if that's an intentional aesthetic choice (i can see that and the appeal of it) then ignore me :shrug: but

listen to how much is filtered out and boosted up w eq on these drum hits, and it's a pretty limited set of individual hits as well? really works for this track imo
    the clip is from straydog: kerberos panzer cops, one of oshii's live action movies. and i agree completely on what your write about the drums. it's not on purpose, it's just because i don't know anything about mixing down, mastering, equalizing, etc. sometimes i'm lucky and it somehow plays out good in the end, in this case it didn't.

Finished another tune from a couple of years ago. Think it sounds quite good now. Pleased with how the synth sounds came out.

made this last night. getting my groove back after a few years of wishy washyness. feels good to have an all nighter and make a whole track.
    Last edited by pattycakes_; 13-02-2019 at 06:31 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

More stoner rock type stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post

made this last night. getting my groove back after a few years of wishy washyness. feels good to have an all nighter and make a whole track.
    Really enjoying this! Ironically it is actually pretty 'washy' but in a good way, with those big lush... pads, do you call them? Very nice.

I've commissioned other life to make me an hour long movement. One integrated whole an hour long. You lot can do one too if you want.

I've commissioned other life to make me an hour long movement. One integrated whole an hour long. You lot can do one too if you want.
    i suppose you have

17. The Following User Says Thank You to other_life For This Useful Post: