Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Adam Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    I note that all these comments are endorsing my historic dismissal of Curtis dating back to the ludicrous 'Power of Nighmares' which I eviscerated on an bad-tempered thread back in the day.
    First Fry and now Curtis - any other middlebrow sacred cows you wanna go full "I HATED HIM FIRST!" on?

You're not keen on Will Self either, if memory serves.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I do feel that Curtis' much sniggered at Hypernormalisation seems more relevant and less fanciful now post-Trump... his whole Surkov/Chaos shtick doesn't feel like quite the narrative liberty it was taken to be back in 2016. There, I said it.
    Last edited by you; 30-03-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    First Fry and now Curtis - any other middlebrow sacred cows you wanna go full "I HATED HIM FIRST!" on?

You're not keen on Will Self either, if memory serves.
    Let's hope not - Will Self is a different class from those two, as much as his novels are bizarrely unreadable. Excellent speaker - clear and usually right, shows contempt towards the right people etc.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 30-03-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Ben Wheatley on Curtis:

Or Adam Curtis. Now that’s scary stuff. The only problem is when he veers into a subject I actually know something about and I think, ‘Hang on, woah woah woah, that’s not right…’

http://lwlies.com/interviews/ben-wheatley-free-fire/