Jackin' / Electroline

Benny Bunter

this is from last year but these are absolutely wild, especially the billy kenny one - jackin 2-step biz with more than a hint of George Clinton.

This ship was made by NASA baby
New Approved Sexual Arousal
Show me your planet lady
And let my tongue orbit all around you

...indeed!

Last edited:

outraygeous

That dude above looks like my mate.

Some of the people I know who were lost after the garage scene started doing the local thing then ended up doing the west end thing (studio valbone and those places) they got bored of those, started smashing the gym and now go to house raves, ibiza, marbella and those sorts of things.

I think they do it for the girls first and music second. I dont know

datwun

The Cause & Affect remix of Let's Go Back has been released on (lol) Addicted to Bass Winter 2012 - Ministry of Sound on iTunes.

In other news, I just peaked myself.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
2 really good recent mixtapes that i just stumbled upon from leeds' james maltas and danny haigh. from what i can tell they both do regular jackin bass / house nights up there, so the track listings are always pretty on point.

for those that might have missed them -

http://soundcloud.com/dj-james-maltas/dj-james-maltas-volume-41

and

http://soundcloud.com/danny-haigh/danny-haigh-filth-n-bass-4

the james maltas one's str8 bangers from the get go, whereas the aighy 1 starts quite vibey and then heats up a few tracks in. both up 4 free d/l also. really good.

NATO

I just got back from a city in the west of China (I now live in the east) where I DJed twice. First time on Sunday night I was at a good club that supports interesting electronic music and played about 70per cent jackin', it went down a treat there, really got people dancing.

Then on Monday I played in the same music park that the club is located in, but this time in a big square to an ordinary Chinese, non-paying crowd. Went down pretty well I think, drew a nice crowd. There was also a Cosplay event/meeting at the place so that made it nice and strange. Gave the crowd a good taste of jackin' and threw in some garage, funky and all that as well.

I'm also one of the privileged minority who have met Corpsey in real life.

datwun

Wow, that tiger picture is REALLY good. Wow.
Love the Jackin weird dandy-lad aesthetic. Ket and kat. Swag blog.

This one's emoesh

Also, it's that time of fortnight!! 6-8PM today, me and Jambie going in on innacityFM - www.innacityfm.com /102.5FM.

Jackin, 4x4 Garage, Bassline, and (don't tell anyone) Donk!!!!
well I'm excited!!!

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
i think this is probably my favourite mix to surface so far online from definitely one of my favourite producers Tom Garnett.

http://soundcloud.com/tomgarnett11/scare-f3st-2012-mix-27th-28th

full of absolute bangers. SCAREFEST looks amazing too. might actually make the effort to go up for it. just about everyone who's anyone on the bill plus more over the 2 days - tom zanetti w/ ko kane, cause & effect, hannah wants, tom garnett, ill phil and loads more.

NATO

Thanks for the mix links jackjambie. I say get your two days of ket packed and get up there for scarefest. Love to hear what it's like.

Benny Bunter

also noteworthy is Hannah Wants guesting on Marcus Nasty's Rinse show

listening now. Pretty slow start but when that Ride on time remix drops it really kicks off.

NATO

Good mix ^. It seems like Hannah Wants starts lots of her mixes in a more straightforward house fashion, before lettin' the shots lick off.

And from that mix, this, which wobbles and wiggles in all the right places:

And also from Bdot's page - this mix, which I've yet to listen to:

Last edited: