Jackin' / Electroline

NATO

Yeah that's tuff. It's the 'You want me' vibe, which I recently realised takes a whole new dimension and sounds phenomenal on a huge, decent system.

Might write to my MP about the Bdot tune. Cheeky bugger.

datwun

WOW this place is kicking off!! Everyone's recommendations are pure fiyah, thanks!
I played a mostly student night, slightly hipster night at Cambridge's Fez club on Thursday, had a very short (half hour) but peak time set, and took everyone on a musical journey through about 7 Jackin bangers ;)

Needless to say, it went off! Guaranteed that nobody in the room knew any of the tunes (though /some people/ might have recognised it when I played Burkie's remix of Rhianna and the Ill Phil - You Got the Love mix :D) but everyone was making noise at the drops, and bubbling along nicely.

If Jackin had a Heartbroken (my nominations would be You Want Me or Like This) I reckon it could be a national phenomenon.

datwun

I'm horny all night long, I'm horny all night long, I'm horny all night long

Loads of good shit getting released!!
On the bait-refix tip:

On the "Deeper" side:

On a dark-side-druggy-screwface-gurning flex:

#jackinwave

Benny Bunter

Marcus Nasty 'Sexy Jackin' show

just what the doctor ordered

edit: oh shit, not listened yet but heres another one with Topsee over jackin!

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

This one from the MN Sexy jackin mix, oh my

Twisted Grooves (aka Ill Phil) - Leave the world behind

Weak sound on youtube but I can't explain how massive this sounds on that mix though.

NATO

Ah it's times like this (well, all the time actually) I kick myself for losing my ipod this year.

Digging that Nick Hannam tune datwun.

I found this on Danny Brown's soundcloud and it bangs, HARD:

datwun

NATO: It's big innit! Got really silly vocals and really good bass! Jackin in a nutshell basically.

I BOUGHT A TICKET FOR THIS :O :O :O WOW

I think everyone else should buy a ticket, and we can all go to Leeds and definitely not take any ketamine at all.

EDIT: more info -

SCARE 1 _

Cirque Du Rave @ Mission | 11pm-5am

Arena _

JAMIE GEORGE [ LIVE ]
AGENT X
MAJESTIC [ LIVE ]
KO KANE FT. TOM ZANETTI
MR LIMEY [ LIVE ]
RYAN JAMES
NICK HANNAM
ILL PHIL
FRANCOIS FT. LOUIS BENTON
TOM GARNETT
BILLY KENNY

Annex _

PHIL WHITE
ANDY HITCHEN
MARK HOWARTH
CAVNA

---------------------------------------------------------

SCARE 2 _

Nocturnal Nightmare @ Mission2 | 03:30am-09:00am

HANNAH WANTS
MARC LEAF
LKID
NICKI MYERS
MARK LONGBOTTOM

---------------------------------------------------------

SCARE 3 _

AWOL Insanity @ Stinkys | 4pm-2am

Heated Terrace Hosted By ONE RELIGION _

LUKE POMPEY
RICKIE DH
JAMIE BURLEY
BROGAN
LEVEL OUT

Club _

GRAHAM DIXON
CAUSE & AFFECT
KO KANE FT. TOM ZANETTI
MATT HOLMES
NATHAN WHITE
TOM GARNETT
JAWDON
DANNY EL KOUSSY
TRAK2
TOM CRAWSHAW

Loft _

SAS
PAUL ROUGH
JOHN MARSHALL
JAMIE JACKSON
HOVEY

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Is this all jackin' stuff then? Cos I'm into it. This is a great show, haven't listened to Marcus in ages.

Just had a quick flick through it last night, not listened properly yet. Seems like it starts off Jackin then goes back to the usual 'bass' funky which I'm not too keen on tbh. If you want a pure jackin Marcus set you should try the 'Sexy Jackin' one on his soundcloud.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I only listened to the first hour or so (coincidentally on the way to the gym - got me in the mood for it too) - all hip-hop/RNB samples, big bolshy basslines and pretty straight snares. I assume that's jackin as it didn't have the syncopated beats like funky.

Yeah it seems really good to me.

datwun

all hip-hop/RNB samples, big bolshy basslines and pretty straight snares

Yeah it seems really good to me.

Yeah exactly, you got it!!!! It's really great, everyone should love it.

Also: hope to see everyone locking for this: This saturday 6-8, Innacityfm.com and 102.5 across the capital!

JACKIN 'N' JUKIN

A whole 2 hours of PHUTURE HOUSE.
First half will be me and Jambie, reconstituted into a House duo under the name Feel Me Kartel, going in with straight UK Jackin.

Part 2 will be Jambie and Das Boot's Mr Recktomy killing it with the best Chi-town exclusive Footwork and Juke that you done never heard, to raise awareness for a very special cause:

It's gonna be exciting!

Last edited:

whytea

im really torn on this stuff, first I heard of it was seeing Marcus Nasty playing live and there was some really interesting dark stuff, but most of the some I have come across since sounds a bit too cheesy and wigan-pier-ish for my liking

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It sort of reminds me of jump up DNB mixed with garage... and definitely the ardcore thing, with all the old rave samples and piano breakdowns. That Marcus mix just has that energy and grimey-ness to it that bypasses all my intellectual qualms and makes me do fart noises with my lips when I'm waiting for a train with my headphones on.

Tune at about 27 minutes in with the blissful ambient chords intro then just this proper jump up DNB style bassline is GREAT.

NATO

JACKIN 'N' JUKIN

A whole 2 hours of PHUTURE HOUSE.
First half will be me and Jambie, reconstituted into a House duo under the name Feel Me Kartel, going in with straight UK Jackin.

Part 2 will be Jambie and Das Boot's Mr Recktomy killing it with the best Chi-town exclusive Footwork and Juke that you done never heard, to raise awareness for a very special cause:

It's gonna be exciting!

You gonna record this? Also I'm relying on you for an indepth run through after you've been to Scare Fest.

New Cause & Affect mix here:

Few tunes in, sounding good so far.

continuum

smugpolice
i think this is probably my favourite mix to surface so far online from definitely one of my favourite producers Tom Garnett.

http://soundcloud.com/tomgarnett11/scare-f3st-2012-mix-27th-28th

full of absolute bangers. SCAREFEST looks amazing too. might actually make the effort to go up for it. just about everyone who's anyone on the bill plus more over the 2 days - tom zanetti w/ ko kane, cause & effect, hannah wants, tom garnett, ill phil and loads more.

This mix is proper. Have listened to lots and lots of Jackin' mixes and have been waiting for one to really hit the mark. This one does it. Was dropping my brother off at Heathrow airport yesterday at 5am and drove back with it on very loud in the car with the stereo bass and treble adjusted. Was fucking brilliant!

NATO

This tune just might be the best thing ever, :

!

The audacity of that sample kills me!

Last edited: