Jackin' / Electroline

denoir

Amazing!!! That's a beautiful thing to hear. But it makes total sense! It's got the build-drop structure that everyone can get behind, but when it's drops it's not some brass midrange shit, but these weird wonky off-kilter basslines. Jackin taking over America? Gwan then!!!!

dunno about America but there are now two czech djs who play jackin in Prague clubs :cool: it's just that some US tourists happened to be around that night lol

I'm not really surprised it's going off - local ppl were always enjoying bassline tunes anytime I dropped some plus there's still demand for electro-bloghouse sound - which means full dancefloor for any indie-rock-singer-becomes-dj or art-school-kids-plays-justice-off-itunes types...not that it's directly related but if you also consider how big grime is in Prague (= rest of the world grime capital) you can easily conclude there will be more love on for jackin than for example throwback 90s house (Bicep)

NATO

No it's not out yet, at least I haven't been able to find it. Keep an eye on bigtunesmp3.com - it might be released on there in the coming weeks, otherwise check his soundcloud once in a while, he might post some news. www.soundcloud.com/neekomusic

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Got to hear some jackin' out on New Years, Brackles played ''Coke Diet'' and ''About To Blow'' as well as a couple of other things. Both tunes mashed up the place, a lot of gin went flying.

datwun

Full report from 2:31 @ Rainbow soon come... Needless to say it was a hell of a lot :D

In the mean time..

Surprised no one's posted this!!
Easily one of the best jackin mixes out there (even if it does tend a little bit more 'house-y'. Right up there with the Sleepin is Cheatin Scare Fest mix!

Credit right to Continuum for finding this one, but since he's not posted it here yet:
This is a total groovey banger. The organs are nuts!!!

On a more straight jackin flex - this one from aggz goes 'ard:
Watch for the second drop :O

continuum

smugpolice
Credit right to Continuum for finding this one, but since he's not posted it here yet:
This is a total groovey banger. The organs are nuts!!!

Truesay that one is a straight banger. Credit goes to one of Ryan James, Rickie DH or Ill Phil for finding it before me.

Wrote a short paragraph about it here before Ill Phil had ID'd it.

denoir

22 minutes of bangers if anyone needs a quick jackin fix; (multiplied) Lorenzo, Nick Hannam, C&A, Chris Gresswell, Tom Shorterz etc.

datwun

It's not techy at all...

If anything it's a 90s organ house (Show me Love, Deep Inside) throw back, which I've got 0% problem with.

Also the Dennis Ferrer track is massive and the Dusky one isn't :S

jimitheexploder

Aint Jackin is it, just another generic 90s house thing remade into a boring big room euro tech house template innit. Its by an old house guy born in the 70s in the US no where close to jackin which is the new vital northen scene. The internet is already ruining this scene damn it ;) I mean I'm teasing but jeeez come on this shit is so close to the usual tech house stuff its unreal. Embrace it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I have to admit I am too. I find it interesting though that I just 'don't get it', and I've made the effort to listen to a few of the big mixes.

I did like the Hannah Wants - Mombassa tune though - where it starts to go hardcore-ish is brilliant. More of that kind of thing, please.

Benny Bunter

Jimi you are killing this thread, give it a rest please. I almost can't be arsed to post on here anymore cos every time I come on I feel like I have to get into another tedious argument defending it.