Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackin' / Electroline

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdown View Post
    i listened to that marcus nasty 060612 mix in the original blog post and was baffled, i dont think i would have clocked it was anything new/distinct if someone hadnt said it is. plus whats up with all the bait refixes, faithless, lilly allen, "i know what is what but what tha fuck" etc? sounded like an ibiza set... honestly i'm not even sure if i heard the right mix haha.

Bait vocal remixes are a huge part of it. Its not a underground club scene thing. Walking down the main street in Doncaster you can hear it coming from a few bars, which says a lot to be honest.

I have zero problem with bait refixes~

+ It's not a new thing in that it's got a brand new sound or anything, but it's a new combination of influences, similar to Witch House or something like that but evolving naturally out of a vibrant local scene rather than on the internet as a arbitrary cut+paste influences thing

That warpy bass sound sounds pretty future to me though, obviously linked to speed garage and bassline (to a lesser extend dubstep), but somehow more tecky or something. I'm not a producer so I couldn't say what about it is distinct, but I definitely had a 'this sound is good enough to base a scene on' moment listening to the Marcus Mix.

+ I just like that it's vybezy and that the scene seems to have loads of energy, and that the best of it combines that club-ready thing with a certain darkness. The worst stuff's obviously a total parr, but that is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdown View Post
    i listened to that marcus nasty 060612 mix in the original blog post and was baffled, i dont think i would have clocked it was anything new/distinct if someone hadnt said it is. plus whats up with all the bait refixes, faithless, lilly allen, "i know what is what but what tha fuck" etc? sounded like an ibiza set... honestly i'm not even sure if i heard the right mix haha.
    I wouldn't expect you to like Jackin' Martin. Don't beat yourself up trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post

#lol

Regards the vocal refixes

Got no problem when they come like this, proper vibe.

ahahaha. yeah you're right, i'll have the beneath dubs, you have the faithless refixes and lets call it quits...
    Keysound, Rinse, blog etc

Quote Originally Posted by datwun View Post
    bait refixes~
    Quote Originally Posted by datwun View Post
    That warpy bass sound

Theres quite a few tracks that have that cold, dead-eyed, thousand-yard-stare vibe, like DJ Narrows' dark 4x4 garage stuff. The sound of bad drugs.

Hannah Wants & Lorenzo - None a them

So its not all about Faithless refixes is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MellaDee View Post
    Regards the vocal refixes

Got no problem when they come like this, proper vibe.

wudnt even call this a refix just a sample

goes off though, more like this

Quote Originally Posted by trilliam View Post
    wudnt even call this a refix just a sample

goes off though, more like this
    Yeah thats wicked, love how it turns all acidy halfway through.

I think Tom Shorterz is on a much more classier vibe than most stuff that gets tagged as jackin' (which doesn't mean he's any better of course). I'm sure his stuff gets played at cheesier northern nights like Insomnia/Swagger etc, but I doubt thats really the audience he's aiming for. I seen an interview with him where he said he was getting into making classic detroit-inspired stuff, and was talking about buying vintage analogue gear etc.

edit: here it is
    http://www.urban-nerds.com/2012/01/2...-tom-shorterz/
    Last edited by Benny B; 19-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.

really like that 'morning alkaline' tune by tom shorterz with the weeknd sample. plus i like how he's called it alkaline instead of acid

Tom Shorterz is a good DJ going by that Rinse mix in the Urban Nerds interview. Remember catching the end of it when aired a while back. Possibly the first time Jackin' was played on Rinse?

sorry this is in no way related to Jackin but all this talk of bait refixes reminds me of one my most played records

years later I am still addicted to this
    rap game hard but the dope game crazy