forclosure

Comics are supposed to be cornball. They're comics.
they are but Grant Morrison more so than others, guy talks himself up as being this magikal entity yet he's only stayed making comics at one major company all his life and once you realise all his stuff is based around his only idea that "superheros are our folk tales" it's hard to go back

woops

is not like other people
they are but Grant Morrison more so than others, person talks themselves up as being this magikal entity yet they've only stayed making comics at one major company all their life and once you realise all their stuff is based around their only idea that "superheros are our folk tales" it's hard to go back
those are the pronouns, read it on the internet

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
No need to get personal

Anyway, we've established I'm the proletarian peasant and you're a poncy poet from Islington

luka

goodbye cans of Red Stripe on Peckham Rye Common, hello a nice hot mug of Bovril and University Challenge with the aged parent.

john eden

male pale and stale
There is an interesting pivot going on now. Places like Latin Village in Tottenham that were resisting demolition/“regeneration” for years are now crowdfunding to become “community hubs”

so maybe that is an indication that not every inch of this city can be parcelled up and sold as an investment which is of no use to the people who live here?

version

I don't think anyone here would consider this London "dying", but it's interesting to see how stuff changes.
I actually wonder whether this is a paid ad to get people looking at Canary Wharf as the content doesn't really line up with the headline and it's trending on Twitter despite not really being much of a story.

Simon silverdollarcircle

I don't think anyone here would consider this London "dying", but it's interesting to see how stuff changes.
I actually wonder whether this is a paid ad to get people looking at Canary Wharf as the content doesn't really line up with the headline and it's trending on Twitter despite not really being much of a story.
in a few years time the big dick skycrapers of the City and canary wharf are all going to deserted aren't they. Repurposed as anarchist squats and illegal techno venues. Burnt out Pret a Mangers smouldering amid the ever present thump thump thump of yet another 5 day Chris Liberator set at the Gherkin. This is the future.

polystyle

This thread's title took the cake.
From some one who says he has never been there ( NY ) !
I mean really to use a Briticism ... "Piss Off"

Energies change in big cities duh,
waves of people in and out - and then the people are shit every time right ?
Pft !

wektor

in a few years time the big dick skycrapers of the City and canary wharf are all going to deserted aren't they. Repurposed as anarchist squats and illegal techno venues. Burnt out Pret a Mangers smouldering amid the ever present thump thump thump of yet another 5 day Chris Liberator set at the Gherkin. This is the future.
I had sort of a vision in the spring last year when I went to hilly fields after a day of lysergammedidies looking at canary wharf half covered by fog, I visualised all those banker genitals left empty to rot, andburn.

cannot wait to go raving in pickle/shard though

chava

"Get a Drip, a wellness chain that injects a solution of vitamins and minerals directly into the body via an intravenous drip, opened a branch in Jubilee Place in December."

WTF? Will someone just demolish this area now.