Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
trying to imagine how that would work in practice.

'whos on the bill tonight?'
'where have they played before?'
'name five of their vinyl only singles'

This could very easily veer into the territory of unnecessary pretentiousness and elitism, though. For one thing, how is anyone ever going to discover (good) new music if venues where (good) new music is played only admit established fans?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Berlin lives off the reputation it earned in the early 1990s. Back then, the city was indeed happening.

@Berghain - it's a hellhole of pretentious self-proclaimed hipsterdom.

yeah, yet somehow their system works perfectly as a marketing strategy. makes the people who get in feel special and the people who don't hate it, yet want to get in even more.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
People want what they can't have.

And I want to go to the toilets and find a man in a dog collar and leather posing pouch lying against the urinal with his mouth open.

firefinga

So the social media rage about the Fabric closing is already ebbing now (and as usual that social media uproar doesn't have much influnce in the "real world"). What interests me in this case is - what kind of club was Fabric anyways? Have never been there, only knew it from those compilation/mix CDs they were releasing. I had the impression this was just some of these "super-clubs" then? I mean, was it that special really?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
A bad superclub with great lineups, I thought. It was alleged by quite a lot of people that Fabric got much better after 5/6am when all those who weren't there for the music (!) started to leave (can't recall what time it used to close, must've been pretty late), but the one time I stayed late to see Villalobos play, the atmosphere was still very underwhelming. Only ever went on Saturdays though, maybe Fridays were way better. Never thought the sound was that good either - since the equipment was superexpensive, can only guess the space was acoustically not very good?

Berghain was about 1000x better, at least 2005-2010ish, even if it's not much liked on these pages

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
With Fri being the DnB & Dubstep etc night vs Saturday's House n Tech, it was considerably worse. All the 'hard' crew in full effect.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like the idea of people not asking for drugs. Let's get these dealers really working for their money.

sufi

lala
This http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...te-brockwell-park-london-summer-a7898056.html has some pretty funny moments, and is crowned by a tweet straight from the "spoiled moaning DJs on twitter" thread

probably more double-edged than intended, that one, considering the "festival" is fucked by it's own need to be near to lazy gentrifiers
Predictably, the majority of Sunfall attendees seemed primarily there to be present at a significant event in their particular social scene, with the music at best a welcome by-product, if not simply background entertainment. It seemed that whether this year's performers Helena Hauff and Shanti Celeste were on stage, or say, Dusky and Eats Everything, it would not have made a big difference to most. A big festival-type congregation for London post-graduates to take pills, create an instagram story and be home in half an hour, featuring music above a certain floor of cultural capital, will always be popular. There’s nothing inherently wrong in this – perma-tanned investment managers have to hang out somewhere – but it undoubtedly means that there’s little chance of Sunfall’s consumer base deserting the festival en masse because of underwhelming sound.
harsh,

i say bring back Shane Collins' Brocky Park Ganja festival

glasshand

dj panic attack
there hasn't been anythin to do at work recently so i wrote this about "the OS Community"

https://gl4ssh4nd.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/the-os-community/

i've been out nearly every weekend for the past 5 months this year in london. too many times it's spilled into a berlin-style 36+ hour house and techno marathon, which i didn't realise u could really do in London without being at jaded every time until recently (maybe it's a summer thing?). good while it lasts but probably not great for the vicious cycle of 9-5 drudgery that makes u want to do it again the next weekend.

i've found a couple more things going on since i wrote this that probably mean bits of it need updating. i might have a few more of these in me as a result... or i'll just put this up and never write anything else for 2 years.

luka

there hasn't been anythin to do at work recently so i wrote this about "the OS Community"

i've been out nearly every weekend for the past 5 months this year in london. too many times it's spilled into a berlin-style 36+ hour house and techno marathon, which i didn't realise u could really do in London without being at jaded every time until recently (maybe it's a summer thing?). good while it lasts but probably not great for the vicious cycle of 9-5 drudgery that makes u want to do it again the next weekend.

i've found a couple more things going on since i wrote this that probably mean bits of it need updating. i might have a few more of these in me as a result... or i'll just put this up and never write anything else for 2 years.

the picture there of a load of people looking like hugh grant wearing scarves indoors and clutching bottles of lager says it all really. "another canape Toby?" theres no london left. its been transmuted into surrey. "the revenge of a suburban government" as patrick kelior rightly diagnosed in the clip above

luka

The privately owned public spaces in Canary Wharf are some of my favourite in London. We often watch Wimbledon there, sat atop the waterproof mats they provide, and have seen several excellent stage performances there.
We can do this without even the sight of the feral youths that ruin so many other public spaces in London. It’s safe, the toilets are spotless, Waitrose is a two minute walk for supplies, and the transport links are superb.
The Guardian appears completely incapable of understanding there are two sides to this story.

heronbone
14m ago
0 1

fuck off out of london you suburban surrey cunt. you quilted barbour jacket red stewed steak flinty eyed scum cunt
Facebook Twitter
heronbone
14m ago
0 1

face like a glazed ham tory cunt
Facebook Twitter
heronbone
14m ago
0 1

wife abusing middle management brown shoe bootleg cunt
Facebook Twitter
heronbone
14m ago
0 1

top gear driving gloves cunt
Facebook Twitter
heronbone gwils025 Show comment

Commenting has been disabled for this account (why?).
Please keep comments respectful and abide by the community guidelines.
Enter comment

firefinga

So with Brexit induced downsizing/leaving of several headquarters of companies/EU-related organisations etc leaving - will this have a noticeable effect on London? Maybe housing getting cheaper again and such?

That picture is nothing but Oscars and Olivers, Tallulahs and Tabithas

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
So with Brexit induced downsizing/leaving of several headquarters of companies/EU-related organisations etc leaving - will this have a noticeable effect on London? Maybe housing getting cheaper again and such?

the reverse is true i know of. with prices in amsterdam soaring even higher. might as well call that a suburb of london by now.