Sleeping with friends/falling in love with friends

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
OK guys, put me out of my misery with your tales of woe. Schadenfreude to the max, please! I have accomplished the double whammy very recently (with different people, obviously), so I need some diversions...

I shall tell my own story when I have stopped crying and wanking simultaneously.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I shall tell my own story when I have stopped crying and wanking simultaneously.

Careful, the old tears/spunk saline double-whammy is a real bitch for ruining keyboards.

'Crying, drunken wanking' was shortened to 'cranking' on the b3ta boards which I used to frequent, as in: "What you up to tonight?" "Oh, not much, probably just stay in and have a good crank."

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
let me get this straight... so you slept with one friend, and fell in love with another?

Oh don't be so bloody...rational! The falling in love happened a while back, but they both culminated (ahem) this past weekend.

I am nothing if not mildly spectacular at fuck-ups.

@Tea Love the b3ta boards (was your username the same?) but think I cribbed it from Peep Show instead...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Haha, the British way with a quick and distasteful phrase for the win!

Btw Pete, watched some of your videos on youtube - hilarious. :cool:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I don't think it hurts, and in certain cases (me n The Doc) it's worked out amazing. I know you're not meant to sleep with women friends if you're a bloke - that's what magazines say - but it's a bit of a patronising view. What's the worst that can happen? A bit of embarrassment for a while and then things level out again? Especially in London girls are so fucking feisty now that I'd be scared that you're just being used, to be honest.

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I did that once, worked out great. Both with the same friend, which does tend to simplify things. Not very schadenfreude-y, sorry.

The lack of 'own story' reflects well on your stamina, I would definitely have run out of tears and/or semen by this point.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I don't think it hurts, and in certain cases (me n The Doc) it's worked out amazing. I know you're not meant to sleep with women friends if you're a bloke - that's what magazines say - but it's a bit of a patronising view. What's the worst that can happen? A bit of embarrassment for a while and then things level out again? Especially in London girls are so fucking feisty now that I'd be scared that you're just being used, to be honest.

I think the thing is that you never really know what people's feelings are about the sex/love dyad thing before you get invovled at some level. Their ways of dealign witht hings can be so different from their ways of dealing with other things, as I'm finding out now...:slanted:

Yeah, and it's difficult to avoid sleeping with friends ever...it kinda just happens sometimes...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I did that once, worked out great. Both with the same friend, which does tend to simplify things. Not very schadenfreude-y, sorry.

The lack of 'own story' reflects well on your stamina, I would definitely have run out of tears and/or semen by this point.

Yeah, I was hoping the love thing would work out, but it left me feeling a bit cheated that it didn't, given how amazingly we got on/with defintie undertones of something more...now obviously being denied.

I got tears and semen for days, blud.

Leo

the "sleeping" part is the "friends with benefits" thing, right? was never sure if that was actually a common occurrence or a bogus media-generated trend.

i did it once. it was all fun and playful at first but then i recoiled after a few times when she wanted to get all boyfriend-girlfriend serious. i think i didn't imagine (perhaps naively) the playing around would progress to anything else, just figured we'd fool around once in a while when in the mood but didn't take into consideration that things could change. luckily, she moved out of town soon afterwards and we parted on decent terms, just chalked it up to summer horniness.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
the "sleeping" part is the "friends with benefits" thing, right? was never sure if that was actually a common occurrence or a bogus media-generated trend.

i did it once. it was all fun and playful at first but then i recoiled after a few times when she wanted to get all boyfriend-girlfriend serious. i think i didn't imagine (perhaps naively) the playing around would progress to anything else, just figured we'd fool around once in a while when in the mood but didn't take into consideration that things could change. luckily, she moved out of town soon afterwards and we parted on decent terms, just chalked it up to summer horniness.

Oh no, not that, just a drunken night where things went too far. And where it's diffciult to come back from.

Leo

Oh no, not that, just a drunken night where things went too far. And where it's diffciult to come back from.

ah, ok. you say it's "difficult to come back from", but is there any potential with the one you slept with? maybe that could develop into a relationship (or fling, at least) that gets your mind off the other love-interest friend.

or it could complicate things even further and fuck up two friendships!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
ah, ok. you say it's "difficult to come back from", but is there any potential with the one you slept with? maybe that could develop into a relationship (or fling, at least) that gets your mind off the other love-interest friend.

or it could complicate things even further and fuck up two friendships!

yeah, i go with the latter, and i'm not interesting in fucking around the girl I slept with... it's not fair on her at all if I have feelings for someone else.

i think it probably best just to fuck random people in darkrooms from now on - get rid of any potential for emotional complexity.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
I slept with a friend a few times, but the sex was rubbish...so we remained good friends. Cheated on a girl once too...then I confessed and, guess what? She was cheating too. Reminded me of the Johnnie Taylor classic, 'Who's Making Love?' ('To your old lady, whilst you were out making love', as the lyric goes).

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I slept with a friend a few times, but the sex was rubbish...so we remained good friends. Cheated on a girl once too...then I confessed and, guess what? She was cheating too. Reminded me of the Johnnie Taylor classic, 'Who's Making Love?' ('To your old lady, whilst you were out making love', as the lyric goes).

Well, sometimes the sex isn't great cos of all the other stuff going on around it makes it less 'free'. At least that's what i think. Too much at stake.

Your second comment wins int he schadenfreude stakes - thank you! :cool:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i met this ridiculously amazing girl but we were both in the final stages of our respective relationships at the time so we became friends. now, 6 months later, we're both single and the situation is so palpably pregnant it's great. i think we're both enjoying the unaknowledged inevitability of it. prolonging it, even. haha

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Well, sometimes the sex isn't great cos of all the other stuff going on around it makes it less 'free'. At least that's what i think. Too much at stake.

Your second comment wins int he schadenfreude stakes - thank you! :cool:

I think you're right - we were very good friends, something deeper than sex, and we were both too conscious of the fact that shagging wasn't even half the story, so why were we bothering? That's my excuse. I could also be crap in bed.