Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissensible Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    nowhere really - guardian does prjected line-ups, but is often wrong. bbc is more accurate with injury news, but does its preview pages around friday lunch and doesn't update until the team is announced

if you can be arsed, twitter feeds would probably be good (local journalists, fansites etc) tho that's way beyond my limit
    Def need to to start keeping a closer eye on injury news, how long players are out for etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentative Andy View Post
    Def need to to start keeping a closer eye on injury news, how long players are out for etc.
    I think the site will tell you if you click on the little blue/red i box beside the player

Oh I did pick Cahill - job's a goodun

Young captain has salvaged my week.

Preliminary table ahead of tonight

dqtispor - 37
    Turned Up To XI - 36
    ░░▒▒▓▓██ - 33
    Heskiboy - 32
    Reál Talk - 32
    Batulona - 27
    Crackerjackyourbody - 27
    OMG!!! Ponies!!! - 23
    Escape From Victory - 23
    O'hoolahanhanrahan - 22
    Abnormal Loads XI - 22
    Kozmo Kardozo - 14
    Lethargy FC - 11
    Barton in a Tutu - 6

My team definitely living up to their name...

http://www.premierleague.com/page/He...421213,00.html

Our technical teams have been working throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users are dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

‪1. Receive unlimited transfers
    No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you have already made transfers and had points deducted, these will be restored to your overall total by midnight on Tuesday 16th August 2011. If you have already opted to play your wildcard, this too will be restored at the same time.

Anyone else got Aguero? Two goals and an assist off the subs bench, the boy is fire. Happy now after all my other strikers drew blanks.

Well, I say 'happy', but this is the first time I've done fantasy football and it has already completely skewed the way I want results to go. I would have liked to see Swansea beat City, however unlikely that was, but I ended up wanting Aguero to score instead. And what happens when your striker and goalkeeper face each other? Who do you root for then? Aargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulala View Post
    Anyone else got Aguero? Two goals and an assist off the subs bench, the boy is fire. Happy now after all my other strikers drew blanks.

Well, I say 'happy', but this is the first time I've done fantasy football and it has already completely skewed the way I want results to go. I would have liked to see Swansea beat City, however unlikely that was, but I ended up wanting Aguero to score instead. And what happens when your striker and goalkeeper face each other? Who do you root for then? Aargh.
    Yeah. Aguero's looking like an excellent signing right off the bat.

I think you'd want to root for your keeper. A keeper on form will probably get more points than a striker on form (unless the striker's the captain).

For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender 4
    For each penalty save 5
    For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper 1
    For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender 6
    For each goal scored by a forward 4

Quote Originally Posted by bandshell View Post
    Yeah. Aguero's looking like an excellent signing right off the bat.

I think you'd want to root for your keeper. A keeper on form will probably get more points than a striker on form (unless the striker's the captain).
    It's pretty rare for keepers to outscore good outfield players - penalty saves are great, but you won't get more than a handful/season. They rarely get bonus points (dunno why, just is). So really it's all down to clean sheets, for which they get 4 points - same as a striker gets for scoring, but a keeper gets far fewer of them.

edit: Wooh! How ya like me now, bitches.
    Last edited by crackerjack; 16-08-2011 at 09:28 AM.

40 points for the first week, not so great. Still early days yet, marathon not a sprint etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ifp View Post
    I'm in! (░░▒▒▓▓██)

Now to find some QPR/Swansea/Norwich bargains so I can afford Balotelli.
    How the hell have you got that as your team name?

I went from 11 to 51 pts last night. Get in.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    It's pretty rare for keepers to outscore good outfield players - penalty saves are great, but you won't get more than a handful/season. They rarely get bonus points (dunno why, just is). So really it's all down to clean sheets, for which they get 4 points - same as a striker gets for scoring, but a keeper gets far fewer of them.

edit: Wooh! How ya like me now, bitches.
    True. Last year, I was often getting 7's from Hart though. One of the most consistent pts scorers in my team.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo View Post
    How the hell have you got that as your team name?
    unicode

was saved by my subs this week, might have to take advantage of the extra week of free transfers.