Dissensible Soccer

crackerjack

Just managed to log on. Seems the site is playing its own game of fantasy football - Suarez is now an Arsenal player, Ashley Cole has moved to WBA, the City players are all lining up for Bolton etc etc

And Odemwinge is my skipper, which is ideal, as he's only up against Man U.

crackerjack

Where's good to get the starting 11s each week?

nowhere really - guardian does prjected line-ups, but is often wrong. bbc is more accurate with injury news, but does its preview pages around friday lunch and doesn't update until the team is announced

if you can be arsed, twitter feeds would probably be good (local journalists, fansites etc) tho that's way beyond my limit

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Bolton looks like it could be a good result for me, fingers crossed.
My squad (footie experts feel free to mock):
Gkp - Foster
Def - Skrtel
Def - Evra
Def - Cahill
Def - Hughes
Mid - Yaya Toure
Mid - N'zogbia
Mid - Nasri
Mid - Modric
Fwd - Rodallega
Fwd - Odemwingie
Subs are Al-Habsi, Distin, Jarvis, Gyan

crackerjack

Bolton looks like it could be a good result for me, fingers crossed.
My squad (footie experts feel free to mock):
Gkp - Foster
Def - Skrtel
Def - Evra
Def - Cahill
Def - Hughes
Mid - Yaya Toure
Mid - N'zogbia
Mid - Nasri
Mid - Modric
Fwd - Rodallega
Fwd - Odemwingie
Subs are Al-Habsi, Distin, Jarvis, Gyan

i think/hope that i had cahill, but obviously i can't log on to check

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
nowhere really - guardian does prjected line-ups, but is often wrong. bbc is more accurate with injury news, but does its preview pages around friday lunch and doesn't update until the team is announced

if you can be arsed, twitter feeds would probably be good (local journalists, fansites etc) tho that's way beyond my limit

Def need to to start keeping a closer eye on injury news, how long players are out for etc.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Preliminary table ahead of tonight

dqtispor - 37
Turned Up To XI - 36
░░▒▒▓▓██ - 33
Heskiboy - 32
Reál Talk - 32
Batulona - 27
Crackerjackyourbody - 27
OMG!!! Ponies!!! - 23
Escape From Victory - 23
O'hoolahanhanrahan - 22
Abnormal Loads XI - 22
Kozmo Kardozo - 14
Lethargy FC - 11
Barton in a Tutu - 6

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2421213,00.html

Our technical teams have been working throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users are dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

‪1. Receive unlimited transfers
No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you have already made transfers and had points deducted, these will be restored to your overall total by midnight on Tuesday 16th August 2011. If you have already opted to play your wildcard, this too will be restored at the same time.

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
Anyone else got Aguero? Two goals and an assist off the subs bench, the boy is fire. Happy now after all my other strikers drew blanks.

Well, I say 'happy', but this is the first time I've done fantasy football and it has already completely skewed the way I want results to go. I would have liked to see Swansea beat City, however unlikely that was, but I ended up wanting Aguero to score instead. And what happens when your striker and goalkeeper face each other? Who do you root for then? Aargh.

crackerjack

Yeah. Aguero's looking like an excellent signing right off the bat.

I think you'd want to root for your keeper. A keeper on form will probably get more points than a striker on form (unless the striker's the captain).

It's pretty rare for keepers to outscore good outfield players - penalty saves are great, but you won't get more than a handful/season. They rarely get bonus points (dunno why, just is). So really it's all down to clean sheets, for which they get 4 points - same as a striker gets for scoring, but a keeper gets far fewer of them.

edit: Wooh! How ya like me now, bitches.

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
40 points for the first week, not so great. Still early days yet, marathon not a sprint etc etc

I'm in! (░░▒▒▓▓██)

Now to find some QPR/Swansea/Norwich bargains so I can afford Balotelli.

How the hell have you got that as your team name?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Since I'm crap at picking winners I've gone in with the players who I most dislike, either for some rational reason or more or less at random.

This is subject to change as the season progresses...