studio / office chairs?

nochexxx

harco pronting
anyone have any decent recommendations? need a chair which sits well for long periods of time and has a fairly decent seat height. so had a nuff of using this crappy no comfort whatsoever chair for music work.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
don't bother with those over hyped aerons

i managed to scoop a £500 ergonomic chair with lumbar support on ebay for £40 odd quid because it had a broken arm rest. probably unbeknownst to the seller manufacturer has a crazy long warranty on their chairs and sent me a replacement without any questions.

so yeah, go on ebay, type in ergonomic chair and see what comes up

Last edited by a moderator:

nomos

Administrator
think-chair-large.jpg

I really like my Think Chair. I got it because I was developing RSI and it helped immensely. When you lean back, the arm rests stay level. They can also be pivoted inward, in the direction of your keyboard, so you have more support. Back support is very good and the tilt is adjustable. Plus the webbed back is nice in the summer because a fan can blow through it. It was pricey but I spend most of most days in it so it was worthwhile.

Last edited:

Leo

i'm in the market for a chair as well. nomos, that think chair looks good and the website makes it sound very smartly designed. did you buy it online or from a store? part of me would like to actually touch/sit in it before spending that much money.

nomos

Administrator
yeah you'd certainly want to try it first if possible. i'd sat in a friend's a few times and was pretty quickly convinced. then i bought it through a local office supply place which had them on display.

it's also quite light compared to other ones i've used.

alex

Do not read this.
tbh i like something that isn't comfortable atall really, nice and hard, keeps my posture correct and also keeps me focused on actually making tunes, otherwise i get too comfortable and get distracted

hint

party record with a siren
I've been looking into this recently too.

Steelcase Leaps get highly recommended. They go for £120-£150 on ebay in office clearance sales etc.

I even wrote a list of chairs which get recommended the most often in these kinds of threads (aka "Aeron alternatives"). Reads like a list of Future Garage producers.

Some of them are way too pricey though:

Steelcase Leap
Humanscale Freedom
Ergohuman Mesh
Hag H05
Dauphin Shape SH28155
Haworth Zody
Nightingale Sxo
Kimball Skye
Baron Okamura

nomos

Administrator
^^ That Humanscale Freedom compilation was ace :cool:

alex said:
tbh i like something that isn't comfortable atall really, nice and hard, keeps my posture correct and also keeps me focused on actually making tunes, otherwise i get too comfortable and get distracted

no more excuses....

Steelcase Leap said:
In fact, one year-long study of over 200 people showed a 17.8% productivity increase for those sitting in Leap chairs.

:p